Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Order in what sense?
the antagonist of chaos.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, well obviously we have had this whole "President nominates a potential justice" and "Senate confirms the potential justice" system since 1916 (well actually since well before then, but the actual confirmation hearings didn't start until then; before confirmation was a simple yes/no vote).

It's preserved the "principles of decency and fairness" from back then until now (despite Republicans recently undoing some of the very rules that used to be in effect to help ensure those principles). Nothing about Kav's experience suggests that it's stopped working. Even if he'd gotten a real investigation, and it had found something that lead to him not getting confirmed, there'd still be nothing.

But look, those principles, and the legal concept of "due process", are not the same thing. Getting confirmed by a publicly elected body is not the same thing as going into a court room, even though the two have similarities. Eating and drinking are similar too, but if I talk about drinking a hamburger (when my mouth isn't wired shut) you're going to look at me funny.
The Committee vets the nomination.

Part of their job is finding the truth.

How do you find the truth?

Do you assume things when finding the truth?

Do you say to yourself "This feels like the truth"?
Old 10-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the antagonist of chaos.
Lol. Duality potential, or are you deadset on binary stagnation?
Old 10-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. Duality potential, or are you deadset on binary stagnation?
it's about balance you goober and no, that doesn't result in stagnation. rather than spoil it for you by tellin ya why thoughts, i'll let you consider it yourself.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's about balance you goober and no, that doesn't result in stagnation. rather than spoil it for you by tellin ya why thoughts, i'll let you consider it yourself.
So an idealism, of sorts? Balance is another word for heaven for some. I lkke that you use goober. Some neurons are firing Shinto and Taoism, haven't explored why. Tho' I prefer the question of how.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My "semantic bullshit" just shows I understand a fundamental concept of the law works in our country and you don't.

And as for Kanin, there's this thing called "cherry-picking". It's when you fixate on a single data point that proves whatever it is you want to believe, and ignore all the other data points that don't fit your beliefs.
If you knew shit about law then why is it everything you believe in is erased and all you do is cry about how nothing you want to happen happens?

seems like you have a pretty good idea how you imagine law works, but in practice nothing seems to go your way.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:49 AM
Sarnak

You have slain something pure and defenceless to save yourself, and you will have but a half-life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips." In the first Harry Potter book/movie, we found Voldemort drinking Unicorn blood.

He who must not be called out is made of melted bullets. Please repost better thought, ok.
Closed Thread