Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Default Coldain Ring War #10

A few issues:

1. With the new collisions, the spearmen can be manipulated to hit each other and fight. Eventually 2 of them who were fighting, 1 died and the other was aggroed on someone and summoned me across the zone. Also some Coldain hit each other due to this.

2. Several points in the giant's pathing they would fall under the ground. This would glitch out any Coldains attacking them for 5~ min until they finally warped under the world themselves and killed the giant.

3. Snares - These stop the mobs completely in their tracks. Once the mobs are snared they act like rooted... but they are really weird about fighting back. Sometimes they just ignore, sometimes they don't.

4. Roots - Roots stick on these mobs, however they will ghost as if they are running forward for awhile then randomly they will appear in their correct position on your screen.

5. Aggro - Hot damn... They are really fricken weird with aggro. Sometimes they will get in their running speed and start ignoring anyone. This seems like an expected mechanic but snares/roots not working prevent this from being doable once they get in the runmode. I think they should stop and fight if you get a melee in their melee range.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:33 PM
Banned

Issue inside Thurgadin and Icewell Keep: After a failure, the dead dwarves are at 1 hp and give rif/zek faction. Killed all of them in Thurgadin and Icewell Keep, went from scowling to indifferent to both rif/zek.

Went from apprehensively to scowling to coldain. Don't recall the corpses being able to be killed on Live.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

Anyone managed to tests highsun on the giants? This used to be one of the working strats for stray giants making a dash to thurg ent before it got nerfed
Old 03-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Sarnak

No 5 of your notes seems classic, I remember that vividly and it was one of the main worries since no amount of agro would keep the giant static (very difficult at least) when they start running. You just have to run after the loose runners and try to highsun or kill them before reaching
Old 03-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Developer

Found issue causing collisions to start a faction war. Pending update.
Found an issue with way mobs were set to run, that would cause ghosting. Not sure if it fixes all the ghosting issues, but it could. Pending update.

H
Old 03-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Yep aggro is definitely not normal. For example when one of the waves spawned I told my mage pet to attack one of the Warriors. The pet died after soloing the giant for a minute or two. Instead of running for the master the giant just continued walking past me on its path toward Thurgadin. This was near the giant's spawn point, way before the frenzy point where they sprint toward Thurg.

I got the feeling that giants would ignore you unless you happened to be right on top of them flailing your sword around, and that was still kind of iffy. Is there some kind of aggro threshold you have to meet before they start acting normally or it this working as intended? This kind of makes kiting impossible, which is a strategy mentioned in multiple guides.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Zrelik also wasn't functioning like an enchanter pet. You should not be able to command him, however he should assist and attack any mob which attacks the ring-war trigger man.

Also on live (I am testing it as I type this), F1 will target Zrelik. You can also heal/buff him (likely this is due to new server code)

The snare mechanic seems to be working as ALMOST intended here however.
  • Snare should cause a walking giant to stop moving.
  • Snare should cause a running giant to slow his run to a walk.
  • Root should function as expected. Stop a mob, it will turn and fight anything near it.

The primary difference between live and beta is that when you snare a giant and it stops moving in its path, on Live once you get in that giant's melee range (at its feet) it will turn and fight you. However on Beta they completely bugged out.

I am also noticing 2 varieties of waves.
  • 6 spawn wave (6 warriors or 4 warriors 2 clerics), these waves run from far out.
  • 11 spawn wave (8 warriors 2 clerics and captain), these waves will walk in formation, just before they reach the dwarf armies, they will stop (still in formation) then they will run to Thurg.
Last edited by Daldaen; 03-07-2015 at 11:51 AM..
Old 03-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Banned

All reports claim Seneschal death should end da war

As I never saw him die or intentionally tried to kill him in my travels, I'll leave it up to Gyno pal's observation that he confirmed on live
Old 03-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

The reports actually claim that it fails when a giant reaches the waterfall (which is how it works here) and they assume it is due to Seneschal dying though.

Should leave it as giant reaching he waterfall though. Seneschal dying is way too easy to grief with.
Last edited by Daldaen; 03-09-2015 at 12:30 PM..
Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 13.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and give rif/zek faction.
Fixed, pending update.

Should be able to kill them, but they should be indifferent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All reports claim Seneschal death should end da war

As I never saw him die or intentionally tried to kill him in my travels, I'll leave it up to Gyno pal's observation that he confirmed on live
When I tested this on live, I killed Seneschal long before Narandi popped. I won the war, and he respawned for the turn in.
Closed Thread