Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Default PoG and ST should be FFA and binds removed

just makes sense for current rule set

thx for all the hard work
Old 04-11-2018, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Tunare's call for assistance should cause NPC's to drop off of the player kiting the zone's NPCs and return to Tunare and/or aggro the new "assist".

Just makes sense given patches for Cazic Thule and Vulak'Aerr previously put into P99.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Being a plane it should be FFA but you should t be able to kite mobs over the pond to avoid tunare calling. That's an exploit
Old 04-11-2018, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

It should definitely be FFA based on the PVP ruleset. Keep in mind POM is not FAA.

Binding is a judgement call and would be non-classic. I think it would make more sense to remove binding. If binding is removed, all existing binds should be moved to EC similar to NToV, which was not done in Kael or Skyshrine when binding was removed from those zones.

Any method to circumvent game mechanics, especially ones that have been made stricter via a patch, should at minimum be reviewed as a potential exploit.

“We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back.”
[60 Assassin] Ricquire (Wood Elf)
Old 04-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Server GM

Do not shit up the bug forums. Keep discussions civil or I will start handing out suspensions here and in game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Banned

Binding is classic and should be back for all the zones it was in, but I guess that's one of those non classic changes to make raids more difficult? Tov's whatever but not being able to bind in city zones is pretty lame imo.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Just some context: The people arguing for one side of this are Red players that want to continue to grief the leading raid guild on content they're incapable of doing themselves (with a tiny handful of players).

What is in the game right now are the current mechanics. They have been changed once. We use them to complete raid content everywhere. GMs are welcome to change anything they see fit, but Tunare will be dying on Red either way.

I will say that I don't see why a GM would hold back from making a common change to a raid zone that currently exists in all other raid zones on Velious, not to mention most Planes outside of Velious (Fear, Sky, Hate).

Skyshrine, Kael, Icewell, Temple of Veeshan -- seems like Plane of Growth was simply missed on Red in the process of making those changes because no one attempted raid content there until now.

Removing binds and level range in Plane of Growth is not a strange request. No one on this server was even bound there until yesterday (the first time Tunare was attempted). This removal of binds does two things - it stops people that die on a Tunare fight from instantly respawning to bind rush Tunare, and it stops people that wish to bind rush an opposing guild that is attempting the mob.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just some context: The people arguing for one side of this are Red players that want to continue to grief the leading raid guild on content they're incapable of doing themselves (with a tiny handful of players).

What is in the game right now are the current mechanics. They have been changed once. We use them to complete raid content everywhere. GMs are welcome to change anything they see fit, but Tunare will be dying on Red either way.

I will say that I don't see why a GM would hold back from making a common change to a raid zone that currently exists in all other raid zones on Velious, not to mention most Planes outside of Velious (Fear, Sky, Hate).

Skyshrine, Kael, Icewell, Temple of Veeshan -- seems like Plane of Growth was simply missed on Red in the process of making those changes because no one attempted raid content there until now.

Removing binds and level range in Plane of Growth is not a strange request. No one on this server was even bound there until yesterday (the first time Tunare was attempted). This removal of binds does two things - it stops people that die on a Tunare fight from instantly respawning to bind rush Tunare, and it stops people that wish to bind rush an opposing guild that is attempting the mob.
Grief? It's a pvp server. -should check out blue. But GMs need to be aware that tunare is not currently calling it's aided wolfs minions etc when you kite the entire zone over the pond.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

You should maybe check that yourself. Last I checked (last night) she calls the whole zone.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

The ability (not the effectiveness) of bind rushing a mob, in a zone which you may bind, is classic.

By extension the ability (not the effectiveness) of bind rushing a opposing guild, in a zone which you may bind, is classic.

If Apex does not want PVP via current or classic mechanics ("We use them [current mechanics] to complete raid content everywhere") then there are other non PVP server options available.

Keep in mind 50% of the topic of this discussion is coming from a leading raid guild who utilizes the same mechanic to deny content they do not regularly do themselves. By PVPing with characters bound at the Kael/WL zoneline, binds that are no longer obtainable since the previous patch.