Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's exactly what I was admitting Scared Child.

Because I don't believe in things like "statistics" or "logic": I just trust my gut, and my gut tells me that having more weapons of death in existence makes everyone a lot less likely to die [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also don't believe in FBI investigations.

Or Due Process.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's exactly what I was admitting Scared Child.

Because I don't believe in things like "statistics" or "logic": I just trust my gut, and my gut tells me that having more weapons of death in existence makes everyone a lot less likely to die [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I trust my gut that if there are no weapons evil people will cease to exist!"
Old 10-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also don't believe in FBI investigations.

Or Due Process.
That's a very odd thing to say, seeing as how I've never discussed due process with you in my life.

There was that whole Kavanaugh thread, but (and I know this was like an entire week ago, and the guy looked guilty as hell, so I'll understand if you're confused) Kavanaugh was never part of a criminal investigation. Due process never had anything to do with that thread.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
That's a very odd thing to say, seeing as how I've never discussed due process with you in my life.

There was that whole Kavanaugh thread, but (and I know this was like an entire week ago, and the guy looked guilty as hell, so I'll understand if you're confused) Kavanaugh was never part of a criminal investigation. Due process never had anything to do with that thread.
But nothing.

Due Process is a fundamental part of our society.

You don't get to drop it for a week as soon as it's politically convenient for you.

We live in the same country.

We at least have to agree on the basics.

If I can't count on you for that, then why live together?

(it's your turn to wash the dishes btw)
Old 10-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neville was the real MVP
He is up there with LotR Sam.

"I cast sword!"
Old 10-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But nothing.

Due Process is a fundamental part of our society.

You don't get to drop it for a week as soon as it's politically convenient for you.

We live in the same country.

We at least have to agree on the basics.

If I can't count on you for that, then why live together?

(it's your turn to wash the dishes btw)
I'm not sure you understand the meaning of that phrase:

Quote:
due proc·ess
d(y)o͞o prəˈses/
noun
fair treatment through the normal judicial system, especially as a citizen's entitlement.
Kavanaugh never went through the judicial system (although he wanted to, and succeeded at, becoming a part of said system at the highest level possible) ... ergo due process has nothing to do with him.

Now if he'd ever gotten charged with rape, then we could talk about whether or not he got due process, but as we all know he never has (been charged).

I have to say though, what impresses me about you is you get so many things so wrong, so often, and yet it never stops you from saying more wrong things. Most people would be ashamed at being wrong so often, but you persevere.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-09-2018 at 05:32 PM..
Old 10-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Typical conservative fantasy: only the good guys have guns [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the right has held a monopoly on political violence all my life. suddenly antifa shows up and they wanna cry foul.

they wanted this noise and now they complainin'
Old 10-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have to say though, what impresses me about you is you get so many things so wrong, so often, and yet it never stops you from saying more wrong things. Most people would be ashamed at being wrong so often, but you persevere.
Quote:
“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
Old 10-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Kavanaugh never went through the judicial system (although he wanted to, and succeeded at, becoming a part of said system at the highest level possible) ... ergo due process has nothing to do with him.

Now if he'd ever gotten charged with rape, then we could talk about whether or not he got due process, but as we all know he never has (been charged).

The testimonies were sworn under oath, was that not a legal process? I suppose if they lied under oath it would be fine since they "never went through the judicial process"?

You idiots do the same thing with freedom of speech and expression as well.

It's called 'Legal Culture', and it's part of civility.

You use it every day without realizing it.

If someone runs up to you and claims something, you usually follow up by saying "how do you know this?".

We also let people speak their minds without outright condemning them or violently attacking them.

None of those scenarios involve the judicial system, but they do involve people who are entitled to the spirit of due process because we are civil.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

wonkie will you admit that i am at least not as big a weiner as loramin