Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 01:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Im In Need Of Assistance On Class(s) To Play

Hi everyone, as im sure most people who know me in game know that my wife and i are both casual players and also huge altoholics we like too many things and get side tracked with things easy. well i have an issue i don't know if anyone can really help with it but you see i am a stay at home mom and my wife works so i'm trying to find a class/race combo that i can play without her when she is at work a main if you will.

we play at odd hours a lot of the time when people aren't around because its either really later or really early to find groups and people that aren't zombies online. most of the characters we have they are to group with each other so i have to wait for her to be home to play any of them such as my monk with her shaman, my warrior with her cleric, my necro with her mage her necro with my mage and my druid with her druid so im wondering if there is at all any hope of something i can play alone without her.

Considering that we play odd hours when people are scarce and groups are even more scarce it has me confused and in a bind of what the heck do i do lol im certain with this in mind the class will probably have to be able to solo on its own since groups are dead around our play times im not 100% though. so what are my options here. we cant afford to pay to play games like wow everquest live lotro ect so were here on p99 and enjoy it just were having some difficulties figuring things out.

we are mostly into dps classes melee is our favorite but we can play anything if we put our minds to it and have some experience with all types of classes.

although i do have a druid i dont have tons upon tons of plat to throw into a char so no fungi for me =/ but i do really want to have one character i can enjoy playing, progress with and not be dragged down and have to just not play due to having odd hours of game play and no groups to be found.

thank you all in advance

Felicity
Last edited by Felicity; 10-30-2018 at 02:00 AM..
Old 10-30-2018, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

I was going to say that necro sounds perfect, but you have one already. Druid would be another, but you have that too.

Other solo classes: bard, shaman, wizard, chanter you could all level solo
Old 10-30-2018, 02:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

ive tried enchanter and omg charm breaking and killing me makes me so want to pull out my hair, ive tried wizard and well low level i only got it to 12 before giving it up. =p im not trying to be difficult i promise =)
when do shaman get to start soloing? also i think bards have to kite to solo dont they? sounds dangerous.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

I would say Druid for many reasons

1 - They can solo 1 to 60 pretty easily and doesn't require much skill or game knowledge like Enchanter

2 - They are handy to have one, especially if you play with your S/O. Being able to port her/him around

3 - If you have a S/O you play with having a druid is amazing for Alt-aholics, put it on a different login from your other toons and you can give thorns and high lvl druid buffs to power level her/his lower level alts

4 - They can earn you some easy plat porting people to help fund alts , great for players new to p99
Old 10-30-2018, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty much all can level solo, the worst probably being rogue and clerics. Even as a sk I think I soloed at least 30%of my exp even past 55, some class are just slower but most class have some viable solo mechanism...
Old 10-30-2018, 03:58 AM
Fire Giant

I would suggest bard if you can stand the constant switching of songs (you need small macros for it). Bards don't need to swarm kite at all, the bard ability kit is so versatile that you have many options to solo.

What follows assumes no swarm kiting.

At low levels you are basically just another melee character that happens to have some kind of SOW and some kind of heal, pretty usefull. Those 2 basic abilities are there at level 6. You can keep leveling like that until the late 20ties when your golden levels arrive. At 23 you get a snare/slow combination song, at 26 you get a fear (those together enable fear kiting) and at 27 you get your first charm. Bard charm is really great, because you can charm most mobs (like a chanter) but unlike a chanter you will have a snare and a heal... and you are wearing plate armor! So charm soloing with a bard is a lot safer. And if things do get bad you usually can just run away.

At 28 you will get single target mez. With that you basically have the full bard toolkit. Later on you will get fantastic dots, opening up another way to solo (dot fear kiting).
Old 10-30-2018, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive tried enchanter and omg charm breaking and killing me makes me so want to pull out my hair, ive tried wizard and well low level i only got it to 12 before giving it up. =p im not trying to be difficult i promise =)
when do shaman get to start soloing? also i think bards have to kite to solo dont they? sounds dangerous.
Yeah, enchanter can be a bit unforgiving since you can't self heal. Always have to use the self rune spells. It's really powerful once you get the hang of it though. I haven't leveled a shaman myself, but I have heard they really take off after 30. For wizard, if you have the funds for jboots (or sow pots), you can actually start quadding in the teens, you just don't have a lot of room for error until you get the aoe snare at 29 or whenever. Bards can solo tank easier blues and regen back up with much less downtime than other classes. Charming becomes amazing once you can do that too.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:57 AM
Aviak

Have you tried a wizard at all? I created a wiz alt for similar reasons to you and found it relaxing. It's a much slower rate of xp vs other classes solo, but it really is simple and laid back. And it gets very exciting post 34 when you can quad. But the root/nuke combo is always fun.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:53 AM
Decaying Skeleton

shaman
Old 10-30-2018, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Shamans can solo all the way to 60. Things to consider:
  • Shamans are a pretty chill class. For most of the time you are leveling you will root and dot things when soloing.
  • Canni helps with the downtime a bit and your gear is not super important until you get to 45+ where JBB becomes a big help to leveling.
  • Shaman could be a great duo partner coincidentally if your wife has any melee classes.
  • Shamans soloing in the low & mid levels is a bit slow and will definitely level slower than other classes people suggested like bards, druids, wizards and necros.
Closed Thread