Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Default Next Monk Purchase

Was looking for some advice on what to buy next for my lvl 52 monk. Have Fungi, epic, TStaff, Sash of Dragonborn (pretty much ran out of money at this point) and very average or below average stuff in every other slot plus 1 Tink Bag and 1 large soiled bag and some Shralok Packs. Got a few ring of shadows and a few root nets too.

Got about 15k and pretty burned out from farming. I know my haste is sub par but I don’t think I can bring myself to farm another 20-25k to get a Seahorse Belt or CoCW. Where would you spend the plat? Thinking another tink bag given I’m around 30 stone when loaded up with bandages and stuff.

I usually solo a lot of that changes anything. Was considering buying a SoS but not sure it is worth it given the riposte damage I would take from fist/SoS combo although it would be nice if I ever group. Thank you for the help.

Barlu
Old 11-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Seahorse belt hands down ... it’s worth then save.

If you don’t have a basic set of resist jewelry and a velious bracer to summon shurikens; also highly advisable to acquire these.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks Troxx! If I don’t think I can farm the rest of the plat you think it’s worth selling TStaff for a Peacebring and buying the belt? Will also get the resist gear that shouldn’t be too hard to get. Shuriken Bracer would be awesome too. Way too many inventory slots being tied up in shurikens
Old 11-05-2018, 02:40 AM
Fire Giant

Your situation: Solo a lot, 15k budget

Then....(1) don't worry about SoS or dual wield (2) don't worry about resists Save up to upgrade haste. RBB or Seahorse will do it.

I'm reluctant to give up tstaff on my monk even though its dps isn't significantly better than peacebringe or IFS. It's a status quo i say, to have one of the best trade-able 2h in the market.

Also, haste item prices have gradually dropped over time, tstaff isn't. CoF 50k and seahorse for 36k lately, it wasn't like this a year ago - Tstaff price remains quite steady (i sold one 2 weeks ago for 45k, price fluctuates between 40-48 over the last 1.5 years) and the supply is rarer, from what I observe in ec tunnel.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:08 AM
Planar Protector

What content do you do, what would help you do that better?

What content are you hoping to open up through your investment?
Old 11-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Good question Jimjam I’m not 100% sure. I leveled this character to 52 completely solo prior to the FD nerf and I really enjoyed being able to easily solo in dungeons like Lower Guk. I started playing the monk again because RL is very hectic and I need to be able to FD and AFK on short notice which is why I solo a lot. I just was looking to increase the efficiency when I do have an hour or two to play. I realize if I kill a mob and FD and come back 20 minutes later efficiency doesn’t mean much.

Since the nerf I’m pretty terrible at splitting and have spent some time in SolB at Bats and Bugs but that is usually pretty crowded. I’m very open to suggestions on what you think would be a fun place to exp solo given my gear and constant afk.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

If you solo a lot, I'd suggest buying more tink bags to hold more loot and keep that weight down. That AC penalty is the real deal in the 50's when you're soloing. Ideal setup for me would be 5 tink bags and 1 Large Soiled.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

I have 3 tink bags on my monkie, along with the evil eye and Shralok. I'd like a couple more.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good question Jimjam I’m not 100% sure. I leveled this character to 52 completely solo prior to the FD nerf and I really enjoyed being able to easily solo in dungeons like Lower Guk. I started playing the monk again because RL is very hectic and I need to be able to FD and AFK on short notice which is why I solo a lot. I just was looking to increase the efficiency when I do have an hour or two to play. I realize if I kill a mob and FD and come back 20 minutes later efficiency doesn’t mean much.

Since the nerf I’m pretty terrible at splitting and have spent some time in SolB at Bats and Bugs but that is usually pretty crowded. I’m very open to suggestions on what you think would be a fun place to exp solo given my gear and constant afk.
Haste will improve your chance to finish the mob before you have to fd/afk again.

Magic resist helps a lot against bats. Don't forget once they stun you, FD to avoid a round or two of attacks then stand to reengage once stun wears off.
A see invis item will make guano easier to kill (otherwise just sit when you suspect he is pathing by).

More tink bags until you start to run out of bag space.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you all for the feedback! Going to probably buy a few tink bags and if I get another 15k or so flip them for a seahorse belt. Thanks again.
Closed Thread