Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrobo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids are pretty weak dungeon soloers compared to the others on that list. Only exception would be Kedge Keep where their animal charming really shines.
You're right.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Kobold

Shadow knight, I picked SK first and foremost for the dungeon crawling aspect, being able to regroup through FD, invis and IVU while at the same time doing the damage yourself, snaring to prevent fleeing mobs, life stealing to survive. Very item dependent though, having a thurg BP with clicky heal really changed the game and even more with fungi.
Combine it with a druid and DS pots and you got some nice dps going!
Old 11-08-2018, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To all of you veterans out there:

As I love to delve dungeon but my timezone is a little bit on the low(est) pop side on p99, I am looking for a class that I could take solo into dungeons and fight nameds in it.

Reading about it has left me with the shaman or enchanter for this but which of these classes is more capable in these regards and has the broadest possibility of dungeons to survive in?

(I would like to focus the advices just on this area, any leveling speed, leveling difficulty, equipment / spell costs etc. are not that important as I am in no rush with the char development.)
Enchanter. It's the only right answer. It is everything you're looking for, and no other class is (even though necro is close, and a couple other classes can dabble in dungeon crawling).

Check out some of my videos if you have a mind. They're me soloing in out of the way spots with a chanter between 20ish and 60.

The other comments on sham vs ench and whatnot are pretty spot on, imo.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-08-2018 at 10:21 PM..
Old 11-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

ENchanter is the obvious choice here. The real question is which race. I’d recommend going off the beaten path and go human. They’re rare, have 2nd best CHa, INT is easy to come
By, and generally you’ll find most humans love their look and don’t need to bother with illusions.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Skeleton

I avoided soloing dungeons generally, at least going very deep into one until I leveled a Necro back in the old game. When I was able to summon my own corpse and then rez myself I suddenly became much more interested in exploring deeper into them.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

The deal breaker is usually rooms packed with 5 or 8 things that aggro. Only a few classes can deal with that such as enchanter for Calm and mez. Necros can do the same things with undead. Druids might do OK for outdoor dungeons with Harmony.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Druid are alright for outdoor dungeon soloing because of SoW and Harmony for single pulls. Indoor dungeons, I would not recommend. You *can* do it, but you will be slow killing unless you can animal charm.

Druid root rotting isn't great. It's hard on the mana bar.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Sarnak

Rogue, warrior, or cleric for dungeon crawling
Old 11-09-2018, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargryllz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue, warrior, or cleric for dungeon crawling
Which one of those would you solo with?
Old 11-09-2018, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ENchanter is the obvious choice here. The real question is which race. I’d recommend going off the beaten path and go human. They’re rare, have 2nd best CHa, INT is easy to come
By, and generally you’ll find most humans love their look and don’t need to bother with illusions.
I prefer high elf for max charisma (it's not THAT easy to max even with buffs and velious gear, short of raiding, unless you make big sacrifices on other stats) or gnome (which saves me from having to recast gnome illusion all the time for wall hacks and not getting stuck in tight spaces when I'm trying to run away from a train or something).
Closed Thread