Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Kobold

Caster mos here have smaller mana pools. and yes froglocks in live lguk did cast ice comets then back then. no difference to here.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Kobold

Oops I ment Seb.. not lguk
Old 10-15-2014, 03:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oops I ment Seb.. not lguk
It's my argument against yours, but I will bet money saying they did not - until the 2002 patch.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

In Old Sebelis Illis froglock wizards cast ice comet circa 2000.

http://web.archive.org/web/200105220...how&BID=142944

Submited by: Yurimaru On: 7/11/2000 2:47:06 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
This is usually the place holder for "Gruplinort", the frog with the bonecaster robe. Illis wizard is lvl 53 from my experience and has about 14325 hps. He's quite a handful for one group to kill and even gives trouble to two groups. He does cast Ice comet and Gravity flux. He also hits for 149ish

---

Froglok Krup wizard

http://web.archive.org/web/200105220...how&BID=134981

Submited by: Important Man On: 5/22/2000 4:35:35 PM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
Betcha didn't ever think a frog could cast Ice Comet? Ha! I knew you didn't! That's why I'm important. ...Anyway, this things cast lvl 1-8 evoc spells and often escapes his zone and charms mobs of Fire Beetles to attack the newbies at newbie zones. This happend before, until a lvl 35 Mage came over and talked to him about his insecurities. Then he went home. But whenever he respawns, it happens agian, and they gotta call in another Mage and...What was my point agian? Oh yeah. I hope this helps people

----
Hope that helps

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 10-15-2014 at 11:13 AM..
Old 10-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zliz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do however rememeber that at lower levels, caster mobs were nasty, everyone knew that.
^ This. One does not simply cross the path of a desert madman.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ This. One does not simply cross the path of a desert madman.
Or festering hag.

Though I don't really recall hags casting AOEs. Nothing is quite as awesome as when a hag AOEs a person soloing in the basement and it hits a low level pet in main room who then suicides down into the basement and trains the group...
Old 10-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Banned

Things here have force struck the SHIT out of me with 150mr.

Conflag from NPCs gets fully resisted regularly for me with 80 fire, shaman cold nukes hit for a ton with 150 cold.

Need 255 as cap first then we can get down to brass tacks. Praise the High Priest.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Kobold

I've noticed this on occasion as well.

I'm a mage, and was using my fire pet.

Perfect example: I figured I'd camp a Ghoulbane for the heck of it. I was lvl 48 at the time with a max lvl 44 pet summoned and buffed. I was able to clear the entire area around the ghoulbane npc with little effort and my pet was fine. Medded to FM and pulled the 2 shammy frogs (one with wolf pet) My pet died in literally a few seconds. There was no time to recast, heal or even get halfway through a nuke before the pet was at 15% hp and then dropped dead.

I'm not sure what spells they were casting but once my pet was dead they flipped to me and their nukes were hurting quite bad before my gate finally got off.

I was lvl 48. At the most, they were lvl 34 and more likely around lvl 30. At 14-18 levels higher than them I should have been resisting a lot if not all of their spells, and my pet being something like 5 or 6 lvls higher should have had a bit more of a fighting chance.

Something seems odd.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah shaman mobs are just plain nasty here. I don't remember casters (when much lower level than you) being near this bad on live. They nuke you like a wizard, dot you up to all hell, slow you, and then heal themselves up easily. If you do manage to survive and drain them oom they just chain blind you. I definitely don't remember shaman mobs using blind (worst spell ever) as much as they do here.

also, for future reference, fire pet is awesome for most instances but if fighting multiples(esp casters that can unleash a lot of damage) go with earth pet for more hp and better buffer to resummons.
Last edited by Velerin; 11-22-2014 at 03:40 PM..
Old 11-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsongReborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've noticed this on occasion as well.

I'm a mage, and was using my fire pet.

Perfect example: I figured I'd camp a Ghoulbane for the heck of it. I was lvl 48 at the time with a max lvl 44 pet summoned and buffed. I was able to clear the entire area around the ghoulbane npc with little effort and my pet was fine. Medded to FM and pulled the 2 shammy frogs (one with wolf pet) My pet died in literally a few seconds. There was no time to recast, heal or even get halfway through a nuke before the pet was at 15% hp and then dropped dead.

I'm not sure what spells they were casting but once my pet was dead they flipped to me and their nukes were hurting quite bad before my gate finally got off.

I was lvl 48. At the most, they were lvl 34 and more likely around lvl 30. At 14-18 levels higher than them I should have been resisting a lot if not all of their spells, and my pet being something like 5 or 6 lvls higher should have had a bit more of a fighting chance.

Something seems odd.
WTF? Frog shaman with pet in LowerGuk?????????????????????? :NotClassic: :NotEvenTrippingOnBadAcidClassic: