Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

I don't see anything in the OP about summoned items. Bags, food/drink, weapons for pets, waterstones, lev rings, bandages, arrows...

When I'm parked in EC I sometimes get asked and more often then not I am tipped, but I'm curious what people's thoughts are on this, because I don't think I've ever seen it discussed in these types of threads.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:09 AM
Aviak

I avoid tipping for ports. I just ask if they’d like to port for x plat. Most of the time they say yes even if it’s far under 1pp per level. This way I can get my lvl 10 ported and don’t have to deal with people’s opinions about what I can/should afford and where I’m allowed to go!
Old 07-29-2020, 12:21 PM
Kobold

So I got tipped for a SoW and a Levitate for the first time last night. I was blown away, 5 PP just for casting two spells! Woot!

However, by the sound of this thread, the tips get bigger as you level up?
Old 07-29-2020, 12:34 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38
Old 07-29-2020, 12:54 PM
Aviak

i tip a max of 5gp per level. All you guys tipping 1pp per level are doing it wrong.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tipping culture is weird. In real life it just leads to a race-to-the-bottom on wages...
Had origins in Europe, with aristocrats tipping favored servants. In the US it started as refusing to pay any wage to freed slaves in the restaurant industry, not racing to the bottom but right there at the bottom from the get-go. Literally a slave wage.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:56 PM
Banned

I remember on povar the standard tip was 10p accross all levels. So an untwinked level 1 really had to earn his way into being able to ask for ports, it felt like a privilege when you finally had enough spare plat to quickly get accross the world even just one time. Level 50s would also tip 10p, which seems cheap, but they would also ask for ports constantly because they could afford to, so you'd still end up making bank from lvl 50s because of the sheer frequency of their port requests. This system also eliminated any tomfoolery where a rich twink pretends to be poor and offers you 2p for a port even though they have like 10k in the bank. It was just 10p, at all times, for all players.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

@cd288

Warriors can generally carry more loot then most players, Warrior on green doenst need anything but banded, then bronze(1-2pp per ac) until 50, along with what a Halbard from HHP(20pp?) until 50. And don't say its not possiable bc most did it just recently on green. On live 10-15pp even I remember that. But this isn't live server where we had a wiki to where everyone and their mother knows whats worth money, or where to get it. Heck HQ bear hide, Bone chips, DF belts, CB pads.. Don't lie to youself. I made a fresh warrior on green(whos my like 6th alt) is lvl 20, Yeah I've not spent any money while palying him, and he still has like 150pp from looting a few items(and serious think looted only BC/Crack staff/HQ bear hides, Lightstones)
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Last edited by drackgon; 07-29-2020 at 01:14 PM..
Old 07-29-2020, 01:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember on povar the standard tip was 10p accross all levels. So an untwinked level 1 really had to earn his way into being able to ask for ports, it felt like a privilege when you finally had enough spare plat to quickly get accross the world even just one time. Level 50s would also tip 10p, which seems cheap, but they would also ask for ports constantly because they could afford to, so you'd still end up making bank from lvl 50s because of the sheer frequency of their port requests. This system also eliminated any tomfoolery where a rich twink pretends to be poor and offers you 2p for a port even though they have like 10k in the bank. It was just 10p, at all times, for all players.
now thats reasonable. Tipping 50pp is just insane
Old 07-29-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had origins in Europe, with aristocrats tipping favored servants. In the US it started as refusing to pay any wage to freed slaves in the restaurant industry, not racing to the bottom but right there at the bottom from the get-go. Literally a slave wage.
I mean most people in the restaurant/bar industry I know do not mind the system at all. A bartender can usually make more in tips than they would in hourly wages with low (or zero) tips if the wage were higher. It's also mostly tax free income since they only report a small portion of it on their taxes. They'd end up netting less money per year if we switched to higher wages with low/no tips like Europe.
Closed Thread