Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Kobold

Default Starting Levels Items

Hello,

To all the developers thank you so much for this game and all the work you put into it. I really enjoy reliving my old EQ days.

From what I've read a bit on the forums, the object of P99 is to recreate EQ as closely as possible to its classic days. With that in mind, here are three very minor issues I've encountered in my long stay in the low levels that seem inconsistent with what I remember from the early days of EQ.

1) The starting note for a Human Wizard of Bertoxxulous is the starter note for an Order of Three Human wizard. Currently, when you hand the note to the GM for the Order of Three, Gahlith Wrannstad, you lose Bloodsaber faction.
The Bloodsaber Wizard GM is Trenon Callust but when you hand the note to him it disappears.

2) Unable to complete the Menkes Tabolet Lucky' Rat's Foot Necklace quest due to Rat Foot not being in game.

3) Finally, Toxxulia forest seems a bit off since the July update. The Paineel side of Toxx forest is fine. But the Erudin side has a dearth of mobs other than an excess of diseased rats. Before the July update, there were mobs on the Erudin side that seemed non-classic but now there are almost no mobs other than diseased rats. I started in Toxx forest back in 2000 or so and it's so close to what it was like back then I hate to even mention this but something seems off.

In addition, the lighting in the zone does not change unless you zone. If you enter at night it is DARK, which I love because it's classic. But it stays dark throughout the day. If you enter during the day its murky green. Again classic but it stays that way even at night. Unless you zone in and out.

Like I said, these are very minor issues but I thought it might be worthwhile to note them.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

There's actually a whole dedicated forum called "Bugs" for exactly this sort of post. Normally I would strongly recommend that you find some "evidence" (ie. old web pages on the wayback machine that prove what you're saying is true), but your first two issues seem like obvious mistakes and I doubt you'll be able to find any proof of #3, so you might just want to re-submit this post as is.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Thanks Loramin.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In addition, the lighting in the zone does not change unless you zone. If you enter at night it is DARK, which I love because it's classic. But it stays dark throughout the day. If you enter during the day its murky green. Again classic but it stays that way even at night. Unless you zone in and out.
Yes, Telin has been battling with the sky and atmosphere for a while now. Before this latest update to forest atmospheres, the zones were trapped in murky daylight no matter what time of day. At the moment he's managed to get it to be the correct lighting for when you zone in, but it does not adjust until you zone. I'm sure that will change once he figures out the solution.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Kobold

Thanks for info Sorn.