Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Spells

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Orc

Default Tunare's Request

Tunare's Request is still not working as intended. It's a long charm with a 2 hours 45 minutes @ L55 to 3 hours 15 minutes @ L65 duration but on this server it's not even worth memming. I did a 10 charm test on a low level shadow wolf in West Commonlands and the results were a 6 minute and 2 minute charm with the other 8 attempts being well under a minute. This was after casting a Glamour of Tunare to lower MR. I then tried to camp out while the pet was charmed but got interrupted 3 different times from charm breaks. That's 3 times in a row the charm wouldn't hold for 30 seconds.

I was really looking forward to the spell while I was leveling as I dig the idea of a long duration pet even if it's capped at level 35 and I really don't want to be forced into just using the booboo bear pet that's nearly useless. No offense to fans of Nature Walkers Behest. He's a cute bear I'll give you that.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Is this even a classic spell? I find no mentions prior to 2002.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhist...56&source=Live

Earliest mention here in lucy is an intial entry from 03/07/2002. Is possible it was misflagged as a 'Kunark' item on ZAM and slipped by.

I'll check some spdat files in the coming weeks
Old 10-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Well egg on my face, on archive.org it sure showed up in era, strange finding little mention with straight google. Oh well.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010527...ell.asp?Id=969

I will say that I came across various comments of the spell not lasting 3 hours as you mention, a lot of 10 minute breaks (casters realm had listed at 8 minutes). Guessing you should have better luck than you are having with low level creatures though. Never know how original EQ devs coded it, may have had a higher probability of breaking?

When the charm breaks, is the animal aggroing you? Apparently a benefit of the spell was a charm break would wipe you from their hate list and not attack.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Orc

No wasn't agro when charm was breaking. I accidentally casted call of karana when I tried to camp causing the agro oops.
Closed Thread