Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

Default had it QQ I think goodbye

So yeah... QQ

I know there has been problems with the DDOS attacks which is really unfortunate and saddens me greatly because this server is SUCH a fantastic idea, and nothing but mad props to the devs and rogean for creating / maintaining it. I quit my level 50 toon on aion pretty much the day I hear about this, I got it set up, and needless to say many hours later my first toon on p99 was level 5.

Ive been playing solid for the last week and a bit, with absolutely 0 issues, having the time of my life.

Then that patch, then the DDOS attacks, then when I can login I begin to crash 1/3 times when I zone.... which is awesome because i have to try about 10 times to login before it finally works, only to crash again, its basically making this game unplayable for the past few days.

What makes me mad is that the server pop is at 450ish right now, and I cant login, so it seems other people are having no problems whatsoever.

At this point, I have probably reinstalled EQ about 5 times, I reformated my computer, reinstalled EQ titanium again today, waited for the sites to come back up after the DDOS attacks yet again today, added all the necessary stuff to play including eqhost.txt etc etc. Finally get to login Im thinking WOOHOO! I FIXED THE PROBLEM! YES!!!!!!!!!! then I zone twice and EQ freezes again, then I cant login, after about 20 attempts, I remove my windows firewall completely and turn internet security to 0... still nothing

Half the time it just says unable to connect to server, then the other half I will connect to the server lists and it will be blank. Maybe 1/10 times I can actually see the server and I think thank god, yes! Finally! but then I am unable to connect to p99.... One time I got it to finally load, but then it crashed again.

I am at whits end, I have NO idea what else to do to try and fix this.......... It really makes me sad because this is the best mmo I have played in 11 years, and I was having an absolute blast... I give up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Take care all, I hope the DDOSer gets fucked!

bashndash
21 ogre war signing out!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Kobold

take a deep breath and come back in 2 days.... Rogean will fix those pblems.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

later bro

i hope when you come back in a week you reroll a char that doesn't have a retarded name
Old 02-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Aviak

Wow all that effort and not willing to just take a chill pill and wait a day or two?
Well, see ya around I guess.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Sarnak

well I guess the big question is, are other people having the same issues I am?

because it seems like 99% of people are online playing fine right now.

If it is a serverside issue or an EQemu issue, then I don't mind waiting until it is resolved, but right now it seems like some very obscure problem on my end I have no idea how to troubleshoot anymore.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Kobold

i had that problem today when i tried to connect from my gf house. Blank server list and when i tried to connect through p1999 shortcut i could see my toon but couldn't log into the server.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

You shoulda seen the server back in October... you kids got it made now adays.. with your working zonelines..
Old 02-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Yea I couldnt log in today and the forums were down for me earlier. Last night I was getting some junk lag and server select was kind of screwy.

Basically if it doesnt let me log in on 2-3 attempts I go find something else to do for the rest of the day or at least a few hours.

I cant believe their's "hackers" actually dedicating their time to attacking the forums and the game servers. Their lives must be pretty pathetic.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:49 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have you tried WinEQ2? I'v heard it fixes a lot of the crashing.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you tried WinEQ2? I'v heard it fixes a lot of the crashing.
what is this wineq2? Serious question