Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

PS, I'm against a wipe because the the person(s) who run the server are against a wipe. I come to play their vision, not mine. If I wanted to play my vision I would have to spend a lot of time coding.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sorry, I forgot the front page says "We promise to protect your pixels for eternity, come dupes, RMT, or stagnation."

We all already know the wipe will not happen. Get some air and take a xanax, your characters are safe.

Fact remains, a server wipe after the dupes/ddos is resolved would hands down benefit the server. The ragers who say they will quit will in fact quit, and the forums will have much needless anger. Where's the downside.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Anyway lets have some fun, what would you guys roll if there was a fresh server? I have no idea what I'd even want to play, preferably something I never got to higher level before. Maybe a mage.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhuma7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just missed out on a lot of stuff and yes there are groups to be had and whatnot but you are also at the start of a giant mountain that you are unfairly put up against as the price for items is astronomical when it comes to legit means(not reselling in EC tunnel, which requires a huge amount of plat to begin with;RMT)

You are on a journey to the high end that is a brick wall, put up just below the top, with no hope of achieving your epic unless you buy it(besides monk) due to immense boredom and RMT rackets farming the shit out of your epic drops.

There are a plethora of problems on the server that arent evident until you really get to see them for yourself.

While the evil eye might have a long line you are at least on an equal ground with everyone and have an infinitely better chance at getting more out of your time invested in a new server than the journey you are traveling down now, which will lead to mediocrity.

Your mileage may vary and my opinion is an opinion, take it as you will and regardless, I hope you do enjoy your experiences here on p99 and get what you want out of it.
No Rhuma, I am not on a journey that has put me against a brick wall. You see it this way because you have the destination in mind. Your objective is the attainment of the best pixels and the acquisition of the best loot. That is one way to look at the game and I have nothing against anyone who looks at it that way.

I am on a journey where the objective is the journey, and the pixels that drop along the way are a way to assist in me in that journey and nothing more. I want to see and do the things that I never got a chance to do on Live because I spent too much time leveling feverishly in LOIO and the OT to catch up with my friends who were 20 levels ahead of me. I want to stop and smell the roses this time around, conquering things when they were meant to be conquered with the friends I make along the way.

To this end I have defeated the gnoll commander in Blackburrow, XP'd on the 2nd floor of Befallen with a full group, ducked through tiny doors while pulling mobs in the house in Unrest. I have spent hours in Solusek's Eye crawling through to Kindle and the goblin bartender. I have been in Upper Guk and shown the froglok scryer, froglok warden and shin lord that they are no match for me. I have left my sword in the corpses of the High Priest Zaharn and ice giant diplomat in Permafrost Keep. I have been on the 3rd floor of Dalnir killing Kly by the score. I have showed the Avatar of Fear and Tae Ew Archon in Cazic-Thule that their god is weaker than Rallos Zek, slain the goblin warder and Soothsayer Dreszhok in the Temple of Droga, and defeated the Solusek kobold king in Nagafen's lair. This is how I measure success and this is how I have fun in this game. By this yardstick my time on p1999 has been wildly successful thus far and I expect it to continue to be successful.

I completely understand where you are coming from, I only hope that you understand that not everyone plays the game for the reasons you do, even if it seems that a majority of players do because you are an old schooler who reads the forums regularly.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Orc

Default Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveitup1216 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry, I forgot the front page says "We promise to protect your pixels for eternity, come dupes, RMT, or stagnation."

We all already know the wipe will not happen. Get some air and take a xanax, your characters are safe.

Fact remains, a server wipe after the dupes/ddos is resolved would hands down benefit the server. The ragers who say they will quit will in fact quit, and the forums will have much needless anger. Where's the downside.
The whole game is pixels, as is every other, that's not a salient point. You'd just be wiping pixels to create new ones, it's your bias against the old ones that's disconcerting. I don't want my mage reincarnated as a noobie. Stagnation in economic terms is when an economy is no longer growing, which is not the case of the server, get your terms straight. The economy isn't frozen. In fact, it's fairly capitalistic, and growing unequally, with power being concentrated into the hands of a few. Sound somewhat familiar with the real world?
Duping can be fixed. RMT is something that will happen regardless, and has little effect on the rest of us. So shut up, and stop trying to impose your will on everyone else. If you don't like the circumstances, I suggest you pack your shit and hit the road you ungrateful ****.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhuma
You are on a journey to the high end that is a brick wall, put up just below the top, with no hope of achieving your epic unless you buy it(besides monk) due to immense boredom and RMT rackets farming the shit out of your epic drops.
This will not change with a new server or a server wipe. Once again 90% of your argument consists of strawmen.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 07-25-2013, 06:18 PM
VIP / Contributor

we do not wipe

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Closed Thread