Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

When my butt gets shitty I wipe it. Why wouldn't we treat the server as well as we treat our butts?

Seriously though, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One good reason to wipe it clean is to have a true classic server.
Wipe it back to classic, release Kunark 13 months later and Velious 9 months after.
Right now, whatever you do, the economy and population of the game is anything but classic.
Is the most valid reason for a wipe and it's why I support the sentiment.

For all the talk of a "classic" experience being the ultimate goal there is nothing more non-classic than this timeline we're on. I'd also argue RMT would take a serious hit because the playing-field would be re-leveled and the lazy shitheads who currently buy plat and thus support the duping and RMT would have less of an impetus to do so. Sadly, nothing will totally eliminate that cheating, duping, RMTing element from this server, I'm afraid--because the lure of cash is greater motivation than anything those combating it can muster--but it could at least be made less tantalizing if players didn't feel so far behind.

And I'm a guy who's been here since Day One, I have hundreds of thousands of plat and I'm here for the nostalgic journey--not the wanton accumulation of pixels. Personally, I don't think I'll play here again till there's either a wipe or a fresh server running alongside this tumor-ravaged Original P99.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Or just go Euro and get a bidet.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

Server will never be wiped for two reasons: most players would not come back, and new players would be reluctant to play for fear of another wipe.

Also, nilbog has said there will never be a wipe. So there's that.

Stop these threads now. They're retarded.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

If I was in charge, I'd wipe it just so I could watch the epic thread that would result, with all the tears. Boohoo.

Do you think this server is going to stay around forever? You going to pass your characters down in your will to your children? Log in 50 years from now so you can show your grandkids all your cool velious loot?

Server is compromised. Period.

Best idea is to open a brand new server, and let all the RMT's and dupers stay here, jerking off with their phat lewts and millions of pp.

1. new server, exploits and bugs patched, no character sales
or
2. wipe this server clean.
or
3. delete all items except no drop, and all pp from everyone in game
Old 07-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Man screw a wipe, I just spent 48 hours getting to level 6. I can only imagine how long its going to take me to get to 60. If there is a wipe I can garantee you people will be livid, prob borderline suicidal.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

wipe it clean! wipe it clean!

-everyone < level 20
Old 07-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Haha not going to lie... Ive been lurking in the shadows anxiously hoping at some point there is a fresh p99. Theres nothing like a brand new server! I was stoked at red99 not for the pvp, but the chance to play again on an equal playing field, but eventually gave up around level 14 on the warrior I made on red, when it became apparent there were no groups.... and like the first 14 levels, I would have to solo my way to 50 haha.

ultimately its the devs call, but I for one would have mu ass glued to the chair playing p99 once again like a fiend if there was a chance to do all again from the very beginning. A lot of people, just like on live didnt hear about or start on this server until it was well on its way to kunark.

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Kobold

Is there a way that you could wipe everything except what everyone has equipped? Casual players without banks full of farmed loot would wouldn't feel the crunch so badly. Legitimately filled guild banks might suffer but they would still be better off than a complete wipe would leave them.

I know there would still be gear hidden on alts and.mules, but it might be better than the.nuclear option. Just brainstorming.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSterben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way that you could wipe everything except what everyone has equipped? Casual players without banks full of farmed loot would wouldn't feel the crunch so badly. Legitimately filled guild banks might suffer but they would still be better off than a complete wipe would leave them.

I know there would still be gear hidden on alts and.mules, but it might be better than the.nuclear option. Just brainstorming.
Ideas like this are so poorly thought out that they make my head hurt and are the reason why wipe it threads get torn apart so hard.

You suggest a solution, then also point out the gigantic glaring problem with your solution.

Delete all the items people do not have equiped? okay, go make an army of alts and equip everything.

The only people who get screwed are the people with no drop resist gear, gm event items (guise, oogly stick etc).. blah blah blah

Net result = duped items, rmt-ers etc keep their shit
honest players = screwed

great solution.

Wiping the server is not the answer.

Starting a new server is.

And they can only start a new server once the current dupe is fixed otherwise it will repeat itself on day 1.

I would be 1000000% for a new server, classic time line, proper level balance for content, proper inflation etc.

Wiping this server is dumb, let people sit on their pile of pixles if they want to. When the population naturally shifts from p1999 to p1999 new then you can end of life the original server. Forcing people to transfer is bad business for all of the previously states reasons in other posts.