Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 08:20 PM
Kobold

Default Fastest Class to 15 no or low pp twink

Just wonder what everyone's opinion of the fastest class to lvl to 15 without any or only small amounts of twinkage?

Looking for opinions based on killing things and not on ability to do quests.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverjudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bard
hmm that makes sense, is that based on swarming? I would prefer not using that tactic (or i might not be able to)
Old 02-27-2018, 11:02 PM
Fire Giant

Bards are great in that range. Pickup a Sionches Partisan (9/19) for 100-200 plat and some go rings and just decimate mobs. They acquire HP regen, melee buffs and run speed songs early on, so you have little down time. Swarming doesn’t really become efficient until level 18, which is out of your specified range.

Any melee or hybrid in this level range can breeze through to 15 with HP rings and a couple hundred plat in weapons and armor.

Just curious, why just 1-15 levels?
Last edited by Issar; 02-27-2018 at 11:04 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably wants to use the info for another one of those pvp level race events on blue.
Or maybe wants to catch up with a friend,.. but this wouldn't make sense because he posted and it takes longer to wait for info. Prob the first thing, seeking meta information.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards are great in that range. Pickup a Sionches Partisan (9/19) for 100-200 plat and some go rings and just decimate mobs. They acquire HP regen, melee buffs and run speed songs early on, so you have little down time. Swarming doesn’t really become efficient until level 18, which is out of your specified range.

Any melee or hybrid in this level range can breeze through to 15 with HP rings and a couple hundred plat in weapons and armor.

honestly i have an armor set that drops in a low level zone and would like to level an alt at the same time
Old 02-27-2018, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly i have an armor set that drops in a low level zone and would like to level an alt at the same time
Warrens? Stonebrunt?
If yes to either you may want to consider the strongest low level class rather than the fastest to level.
These mobs aren't push overs, especially in stronbrunt.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrens? Stonebrunt?
If yes to either you may want to consider the strongest low level class rather than the fastest to level.
These mobs aren't push overs, especially in stronbrunt.
yes that's the idea. do you think bard wouldn't be in this category? What do you suggest
Old 02-28-2018, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes that's the idea. do you think bard wouldn't be in this category? What do you suggest
Iksar Necro, you get feign death at level 16. Requires little to no gear and has a lot of utility. Snare, Fear, Root, pet, dots, etc.
level up in FoB and then kurns tower to 18ish. at that point contact a druid/wizard for a port from EJ to Tox and get them to bind you somewhere there.
Be sure to take lots of bonechips with you and future spells. After enough killing in the warrens you can use paineel as your main city.
This is the best meta information in my honest opinion for this request.

If you want to melee, maybe ranger because their tracking could be useful when you're in stonebrunt. They also get some form of sneak/hide & basic utility spells.
Monk also get's FD(17) but i'm hard pressed to recommend it without more than minimal twinkage.

I don't think bard is a good choice for this unless you like to play bard and are good at it already. They do get interesting stuff at low levels such as Lull at 8.
But your 1v1 power will be lacking. This is when the level 50+ bards come in and talk about how great bard is, forgetting what it was like at low level.
Last edited by Baler; 02-28-2018 at 12:12 AM..
Old 02-28-2018, 12:06 AM
Fire Giant

not bard. Their aoe is extremely crappy before 18. Plus hardly any camps with enough mobs to swarm.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Necro or Mage probably fastest to 15, untwinked.
Closed Thread