Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 04:37 AM
Fire Giant

Default Shrink spell not classic?

Anybody know when this gets added in the timeline? Doesn't exist at Oggok or Grobb and while I'm body positive, the world doesn't accept me for who I am

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-30-2019, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

July 1999.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_No...d_improvements
Old 10-30-2019, 10:20 AM
Banned

I know it says that it's dungeon only, and I certainly remember it eventually ending up that way, but I very clearly remember using shrink in zones like butcherblock and rathe mountains. I remember thinking how funny it was when I'd shrink myself and then fight giant skels in rathe. Man I wish we had comprehensive information about classic..
Old 10-30-2019, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it says that it's dungeon only, and I certainly remember it eventually ending up that way, but I very clearly remember using shrink in zones like butcherblock and rathe mountains. I remember thinking how funny it was when I'd shrink myself and then fight giant skels in rathe. Man I wish we had comprehensive information about classic..
I also remember shrink working outdoors for a while, Never really made sense to me why they wouldnt allow for it.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-30-2019, 10:41 AM
Banned

My guess is that it was first implemented as dungeon only, then changed for a period to be usable anywhere, then for some reason changed back to dungeon only. And yeah, there are plenty of outdoor zones that have certain enclosed structures where shrink would still be very useful for large races. Shrug..
Old 10-31-2019, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

Ah, something I can answer.

When shrink was added, it was any zone. There was an immediate explosion of tiny people running around Norrath. Pretty much EVERYONE was shrunk all the time.

The powers that be decided that was sillier than they liked so they changed it to indoors only.

Boo.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, something I can answer.

When shrink was added, it was any zone. There was an immediate explosion of tiny people running around Norrath. Pretty much EVERYONE was shrunk all the time.

The powers that be decided that was sillier than they liked so they changed it to indoors only.

Boo.
Nice so does that mean the same will happen here? Would love a period of time on green where there's dozens of tiny people running around Norrath, tho I do admit while the functionality would be nice, it is rather silly

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-31-2019, 02:03 AM
Aviak

People kept insisting it made you run faster.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People kept insisting it made you run faster.
That low to the ground camera angle!

I remember vividly in 1999-2000 people insisting shorter races ran faster. Then when side by side drag style races happened, they claimed lag was the culprit.

Loved it.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Large Bat

Sorry to rez this, but when is Shrink getting added? Like, how many months before it's out on teal/green? Just hit 19 and pretty bummed that it's not in game since I was planning on heading to Guk once I got it.
Closed Thread