Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Default Lore Item camps for Rogues

What are some good camps that a rogue can sneak to to pick up lore items that might rot?
Old 04-27-2020, 10:46 AM
Banned

evil eye bag
Old 04-27-2020, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Might as well stop over by supplier and grab his sack while your at it too!
Old 04-27-2020, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Watch out for that redwater pit trap in lower guk, if you fall in you can't make it off the top off the ladder at (pre-55) sneak speeds!
Old 04-27-2020, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Polished Steel Dirk, an 8/23 magic piercer, a rare drop from the four spectres in the Qeynos Aqueducts. They go for about 500p in the tunnel atm, so I assume people will make level 1 Humans of Bertox to loot their rotting Dirks, but someone who's only there for exp might let you have one.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Huntin for roguish treasures?! Well! I know places!!! It's basically all I've been doing on Pockete.... adventuring and finding treasure and savin people!!

My level 19 untwinked rogue has made over 5,000 platinums in total!!! ((Not even including my fishbone earring or other fine armors / equipment I use)) It's my highest level character... and twinks my other characters because being so rich with noble gnome fortunes.

First off you can make platinums by going to dungeons and trading adventurers platinums for their sacks of silver and copper! Along with selling stacks of muffins and milk to the hungry! For a rogue it's a great way to make moneys early!

Next up is the ground treasures. People hunt things all the time and never bother looting! It's bananas! Seen it in Sol A, the docks in butcherblock, rivervale area, and runnyeye the most.

Then there are high value ground treasures... look for long camps that drop a common lore thing. Such as

The Froglok King in lower guk (you gotta get past the see invis elemental, but if you wait for it to swim the other way then you can sneak past) - You can pick up a Crown of the Froglok Kings there that would otherwise rot! Especially since people usually hunt that alone as an enchanter (and they want the sword).

Bladed Thulian Claws from Cazic Thule (you can faction up outside of cazic thule to be non-kos if you want to, letting you freely run around most everywhere except for around gators).

Splitpaw loots (masks, belts, and other things like that rot ALL the time...the mask is good since it gives a greater lightstone effect)

Kedge Keep!! Trying to get a trident of the deep seas!! This one is tricky since you need enduring breath, and you gotta sneak down when someone is going to kill it....and get lucky that no one else needs it... but you can get a fine fine treasure that way with enough effort.

Sol B - Soiled Bag! Common drop and usually just one person after the cloak....which means if another bag drops, chances are they don't want it.

BUT THEN there are some fine treasures you can get yourself!!! The silvered Leggings from lower guk are lore BUT NOT MAGIC (which means you can just take them with pick pocket).

You can also take the Goblin Kings ring from Sol A (lore, not magic... I've taken 3 rings so far...especially since I'm not KOS in Sol A to goblins, so check by there now and then)

And finally, you can rob cities!! Guards shields are a greaaat way to make platinum as a rogue. Freeport and Kaladim guards shields sell for about 5pp... and VERY FEW rogues bother taking shields (even though in kaladim alone you could make over 100pp in about 10 minutes....starting at level 7....).

Freeport guards are killed often too, meaning each time you pass you can pick up some extra platinum (every time I run to the bank I pick up a quick 10-50pp by leaping over guards and pickin their pockets as I go)

Wood elf city and other cities shield still sell for 2pp each, so it's worth it going to Kelethin and just taking all the guards shields (there are a ton of guards).... or going to Ak'anon and taking all theirs (again, a ton of guards). Sure you might die some, but every rogue knows platinum is worth more than life!!!

No rogue should be poor (just on shields! Let alone everything else).... it's the only class you can be comfortably rich untwinked very early (first couple days I had to be the richest there was in all of Norrath!)

And then with that money, you can buy some things that would let you take down hill giants or minotaur heroes (hero bracers!) very very early (doable at level 7, since that's when you will be getting a fortune from pickpocket if you want to buy a top notch bow....but the higher up you go the faster and more comfortable it is).

I dunno why so many rogues just go backstab things all day.... way more exciting sneaking around and adventuring and finding treasure.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Make sure you have permission from whoever killed the mob. Looting something off a corpse that you didn't kill can be considered ninjalooting and is a bannable offense if the offended party objects.

-Mcoy
Old 04-27-2020, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...doable at level 7, since that's when you will be getting a fortune from pickpocket...
Is pickpocket broken here? On live mobs would aggro you on failure, meaning if you were trying to pick pocket guards or guk mobs, you're would die on failure, which would be very often.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:36 PM
Banned

they aggroed on success too

your thinking of begging which occasionally has aggro on failure
Old 04-27-2020, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is pickpocket broken here? On live mobs would aggro you on failure, meaning if you were trying to pick pocket guards or guk mobs, you're would die on failure, which would be very often.
They only agro on a critical failure (which is relatively rare). You might die 1 or 2 times while picking an entire city worth of guards.

But at low levels that doesn't mean much for a rogue, it's made up after you solo 1 or 2 blue mobs.... just have some buffer exp when you go pickin. That's why it's so good at level 7, since the exp loss is basically nothing and you can get tonsss of platinum to set yourself up good.

Though, before you go picking real targets.... get your pick pocket skill maxed first! You can raise it on level 1 humanoid mobs (goblin or orc or something)...just go take it into a corner and keep picking it for 10 minutes till you are maxed and then go out pickin guards.
Closed Thread