Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You claim it is misinformation, yet you provide no counter evidence. If you have a different race Shaman, make some videos proving me wrong, so we can have a discussion. Otherwise, you are making baseless claims. Just saying I am wrong doesn't make it so.
Just like you refuse to acknowledge that you're being bias.
You refuse to acknowledge what i'm trying to tell you.

Just do whatever you want. Ruin people's minds on shm race with your bias wiki page. you're a problem,.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-27-2020 at 12:33 AM..
Old 07-27-2020, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just like you refuse to acknowledge that you're being bias.
You refuse to acknowledge what i'm trying to tell you.

Just do whatever you want. Ruin people's minds on shm race. you're a problem,.
I am supposedly the biased one, yet you need to resort to insults and baseless claims? Maybe the bias is on your side[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am just trying to help players, spending hours of my free time to do so.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am supposedly the biased one, yet you need to resort to insults and baseless claims? Maybe the bias is on your side[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am just trying to help players, spending hours of my free time to do so.
You don't even remember the 10 pages of conversation we had about the topic.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/m...osted&t=361266

You've just plowed forward with bias posts and now a wiki page.
And again trying to take the bigger man stance. If you want to compare Epeen Hours Spent for free

My last post on this thread. I don't want to be dragged down any further with this discussion.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't even remember the 10 pages of conversation we had about the topic.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/m...osted&t=361266
I remember them. You didn't post any evidence there either[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not one single video.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for taking the time to post the wiki. Interesting information. +1
Old 07-27-2020, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah dude great guide, thanks.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

Enjoyed reading the guide and surprisingly learned some stuff i didn't know. Thank you.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

I read the entry from start-to-finish and am very fluent with the Troll v Ogre arguments, and I want to say thank you Shamwowi. I feel the page does due diligence to Trolls by applying the math of their additional regen benefits in the same situations you ran videos of with the Ogre, and explaining how those benefits would play out. You clearly put a lot of work into this guide, and I'm hoping it serves as a signpost for min/maxers interested in the shaman class.

Ultimately there will always be some amount of subjectivity when it comes to shamans picking race, but I think your guide was as unbiased as possible whenever possible. There are corner cases where literally any race would be at a disadvantage versus the one chosen, but your guide tries to quantify how often those situations are likely to come up.

At the end of the day, play what you want. I made a barb and don't regret my decision in the least. Travel is easy and seamless, I've been able to do some quests that my faction assisted me in, can sell in Grobb thanks to faction work and will be able to bank there once I'm not lazy anymore and get my guard faction up, and I enjoy the look of my character. Plus the newbie game in the Qeynos area was a first time for me, and it was completely the tits. I look sweet as fuck as I plate out my toon with Totemic and Rune Etched, and still being able to move around in places like Mistmoore and CT where I can't shrink was also nice QoL. But I'm not out to min/max- just enjoy playing a new class and i'll min/max when I make my monk in Kunark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Well, that s a lot of work put into this, but i must reckon it is very solo oriented. Regen shines in groups (where a shaman actually sits also) while stun immunity is very poor in this context.

I like how people tend to minimize troll and iksar regeneration while whatever the race, everyone goes fap fap when they get regeneration / chloroplast / regrowth, not to mention ceremonial iksar chestplate or fungi tunic.
The regen is an insane boost during the leveling life of a shaman, just admit it.

Once you hit 60 and put your hands on torpor, there is no real true winner. Any race will be overpowered and any race can solo what you have shown on your videos.

So the real deal is : will you group during your journey to 60? If yes, go barbarian if faction matters for you. Go iksar or troll otherwise for the regen which will shine when you do some canni dancing.
Nothing more exciting than leveling with a group of 5 melees while you do all the buffing and healing.

If you want to solo your way to 60, ogres can be interesting due to their ability to click jbb without getting many interrupts when root breaks.

Also, this poll speaks by itself. More % of ogres would reroll shaman than trolls would reroll ogres.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...+shaman+reroll
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Last edited by isoka; 07-27-2020 at 02:19 PM..
Old 07-27-2020, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for taking the time to post the wiki. Interesting information. +1
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah dude great guide, thanks.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoyed reading the guide and surprisingly learned some stuff i didn't know. Thank you.
Thanks! Glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read the entry from start-to-finish and am very fluent with the Troll v Ogre arguments, and I want to say thank you Shamwowi. I feel the page does due diligence to Trolls by applying the math of their additional regen benefits in the same situations you ran videos of with the Ogre, and explaining how those benefits would play out. You clearly put a lot of work into this guide, and I'm hoping it serves as a signpost for min/maxers interested in the shaman class.

Ultimately there will always be some amount of subjectivity when it comes to shamans picking race, but I think your guide was as unbiased as possible whenever possible. There are corner cases where literally any race would be at a disadvantage versus the one chosen, but your guide tries to quantify how often those situations are likely to come up.

At the end of the day, play what you want. I made a barb and don't regret my decision in the least. Travel is easy and seamless, I've been able to do some quests that my faction assisted me in, can sell in Grobb thanks to faction work and will be able to bank there once I'm not lazy anymore and get my guard faction up, and I enjoy the look of my character. Plus the newbie game in the Qeynos area was a first time for me, and it was completely the tits. I look sweet as fuck as I plate out my toon with Totemic and Rune Etched, and still being able to move around in places like Mistmoore and CT where I can't shrink was also nice QoL. But I'm not out to min/max- just enjoy playing a new class and i'll min/max when I make my monk in Kunark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for that[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Completely agree here, this guide isn't for everyone. Some people prefer fashion, faster leveling, etc. I simply want people to have the information at hand for each racial, so they can make the best decision when rolling Shaman. Some people prefer Min/Maxing, which is mostly who this guide is aimed at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, that s a lot of work put into this, but i must reckon it is very solo oriented. Regen shines in groups (where a shaman actually sits also) while stun immunity is very poor in this context.

I like how people tend to minimize troll and iksar regeneration while whatever the race, everyone goes fap fap when they get regeneration / chloroplast / regrowth, not to mention ceremonial iksar chestplate or fungi tunic.
The regen is an insane boost during the leveling life of a shaman, just admit it.

Once you hit 60 and put your hands on torpor, there is no real true winner. Any race will be overpowered and any race can solo what you have shown on your videos.

So the real deal is : will you group during your journey to 60? If yes, go barbarian if faction matters for you. Go iksar or troll otherwise for the regen which will shine when you do some canni dancing.
Nothing more exciting than leveling with a group of 5 melees while you do all the buffing and healing.

If you want to solo your way to 60, ogres can be interesting due to their ability to click jbb without getting many interrupts when root breaks.

Also, this poll speaks by itself. More % of ogres would reroll shaman than trolls would reroll ogres.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...+shaman+reroll
You should read the guide a bit more carefully.

I mentioned multiple times in the guide Troll/Iksar Regeneration is the best racial Pre-Torpor. I also mention that no racial is a game changer in the end. I never denied either of these things, and that is why a lot of people prefer Trolls. Much of the game is spent leveling to 60, so people want the best bonus during that time.

This guide is aimed at showing the racial benefits POST-TORPOR. This is because some people who like to Min/Max do not mind having a longer leveling process. They want to know which race is the best after their character is complete. Troll/Iksar Regeneration and Barbarian XP Bonuses become significantly less useful when you become a Torpor Shaman. This is why Ogre FSI ends up winning when your character is complete.

As a Torpor Shaman, I rarely use Regrowth and Fungi Tunic. Chestplate of Vindication has better overall damage mitigation, and Regrowth is often a waste of a buff slot. I still use it sometimes, but it is not a requirement in any fight.

I also disagree about FSI being less useful in group situations. I am often getting hit in duo/group situations. Slows generate a lot of agro, bad pulls happen, and off tanking can be necessary.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-27-2020 at 02:56 PM..
Closed Thread