Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

Don't worry too much about light sources. Go sneak into guk in your teens and hang out at assassin/supplier and loot a rotting dark elf mask. Clickable at level 15 and gives ultravision.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

I know backstab is a big source of DPS for rogues but does anyone have and idea of what percent of their DPS comes from backstabs vs normal melee? Obviously this probably depends on a ton of factors just wondering how much a rogue with a https://wiki.project1999.com/Sebilite_Croaking_Dirk would parse behind and equally geared rogue with the much worse ratio (after damage bonus) https://wiki.project1999.com/Rabid_Chokidai_Fang before epic?

I could see the backstabs from the a total damage from using the chokidai fang as being more DPS but very streaky and depending much more on mob AC.

Idk but would love to know from a rogue who has parsed (and possibly at different points during leveling).
Old 10-05-2020, 04:13 PM
Banned

Barbarian have a crap ton of strenght to start off with
don't waste your bonus points on strength
put it in stamina
Old 10-05-2020, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know backstab is a big source of DPS for rogues but does anyone have and idea of what percent of their DPS comes from backstabs vs normal melee? Obviously this probably depends on a ton of factors just wondering how much a rogue with a https://wiki.project1999.com/Sebilite_Croaking_Dirk would parse behind and equally geared rogue with the much worse ratio (after damage bonus) https://wiki.project1999.com/Rabid_Chokidai_Fang before epic?

I could see the backstabs from the a total damage from using the chokidai fang as being more DPS but very streaky and depending much more on mob AC.

Idk but would love to know from a rogue who has parsed (and possibly at different points during leveling).
I looked at this once on blue. In the hole with epic & 12/22 oh from 50-54, I had 50% of damage from main hand, 25% from BS, 25% from OH

With double backstab At 55, bs % goes up
Old 10-05-2020, 07:25 PM
Kobold

What slashing/blunt weapons do I look forwards too?
Old 10-05-2020, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly if you can help it, stick with piercing for both hands. Your skill cap is higher so you have more attack rating, which means you do more DPS. Though if you can only get a crappy off hand piercer, grab the best ratio weapon you can get. Silvery war axe would be ok, glimmering tomahawk i think would be ok for the STR proc. The only time you MAY want to contemplate swapping out -ANY- attack boosting item (like say, your epic which gives 40 attack and 40% haste, which is massive when kunark drops) is if you're swapping in a Tunare / Vulak / Vyemm dagger to take it's place.

Once you get to Velious if you can help people sock Lodi for a belt of the great turtle, that will be BIS until you can get a belt of dwarf slaying for a rogue. After STR is capped, the only way to increase DPS is to make sure you have 2 piercers, an avatar proc, and attack boosting items. Spirit Wracked Chord, Dozekar quest mask, Belt of Dwarf slaying, rogue epic.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might have misinterpreted what you were getting at with this, but just in case. It’s absolutely recommended to stand behind the mob you’re attacking at all times. This is because mobs have reduced AC, mitigate fewer attacks, and cannot riposte (dodge and attack and hit you back when you stand behind the mobs. This becomes doubly important as higher lvl/raid mobs can rock your world. Obviously you will also want to use your backstab skill which you need to be behind for.

But yeah at lower lvls I think all melee weapons cap at same skill. Always use a dagger and main hand and highest ratio weapon in offhand. Eventually your piercing skill will cap out above others so you’ll want two daggers
Closed Thread