Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

once you get torpor you don't give a shit about timing canni dance
Old 10-14-2017, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

I'll add to this! Canni 4 has such a long cast time you very rarely start casting it too soon.
Canni 3 however, you will cast it too soon all the time and have to wait about a second in between casts. (I am talking about with global cooldown remover)
So a technique that some shaman use is.. Canni 3 slot 1, Canni 2 slot 2. Canni 3, global, canni 2, global, repeat.

But most people just dance with one canni and get the timing down.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Put canni in hotbar slot 1. GCD click (star of eyes) in hotbar slot 2. Bind the secondary key for both buttons to one button like + on your numpad. Then just mash +. Slot 1 will activate first.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you stand the moment you see a meditation tick don't you usually lose that mana a second later? you have to wait your ping after seeing the tick for it to actually count (roughly) because you gain the mana locally regardless of if the server agrees, then later the server will correct it if you stood too fast? yes?
for some reason if you canni it seems to secure that 'invisible mana tick' and credit you with it, the only thing that seems to matter is that you sit for the server tick, and for the next server tick, what you do between seems to have little consequence (in terms of losing mana)
Old 10-17-2017, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you get torpor or IF you have someone cast a HOT on you - it's been my experience that you can safely stand stand once you see the heal over time tick and get meditate tick.
I've literally gained enough mana to just barely cast a spell, then immediately stood up, then casted the spell, halfway through casting the spell the server updates that i actually stood up too fast and I get a message at the end of the spellcasting stating I don't have enough mana to cast the spell.

A message I never saw in about 1000 hours on sony servers.
I don't mean to insult p99, but I always wait an extra second when I'm trying to capture meditation ticks on p99.

Yes of course you can do whatever you want between ticks. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise, but IMO that gives you FIVE free seconds not SIX, because you need one of the second to ensure encapsulating the server tick time. That might just be because of my ping being like 130 and maybe your ping is 30, I don't know exactly what causes it.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Aviak

I heard it's because we use the titanium client. Something about how mana regeneration rate had increased by the time titanium came out but on P99 they use the classic lower rate.

So basically the client thinks we should get x mana per tick but then the server corrects it to the lower amount.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iandyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard it's because we use the titanium client. Something about how mana regeneration rate had increased by the time titanium came out but on P99 they use the classic lower rate.

So basically the client thinks we should get x mana per tick but then the server corrects it to the lower amount.
Thanks for that. Usually people say something like "it's just a problem with the client being out of sync with the server because of network lag", but this explanation makes much more sense.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Once you get torpor all you do is 1) Canni, 2), GCD reset, repeat. Eventually you cast torpor to heal yourself. Never sitting unless you're FM/bored/afk. In my case I have a clicky in slot 4, Canni spell gem in slot 5, torpor in slot 6, so my life is just: 45454545454564545454545456

For the OP, yeah you want a goblin skull earring but not for canni dancing specifically, it just allows you to cast different spells quicker. Click it between every spell cast.
Closed Thread