Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

The issue is always a slippery slope argument, you can't erase knowledge from people's minds. However there were some tricks from back in the day that weren't widespread knowledge (my stance on Midnight Mallets, Reapers, Soulfires, and other clicky agro control items have been pretty well documented).

P99 is a nice throwback to the harder days where you needed to pay attention and listen to raid instruction. Now you can dump a mallet, prayers, or bladestopper and watch netflix.

They nerfed Ivandyr's Hoops because they made insta zapping down some dragons too easy. Why isn't anyone still crying about that?! Oh... right... because that was sooo dumb and not how this shit was meant to be. Given enough time, everyone would have hoops and could insta kill or significantly damage a velious raid mob (imagine draining even the last 20-30% or more of a mob instantly, preventing gating / enrage, etc.). Follow up with a quick vendor trip to Sally McMuffins who knows how to somehow re-instill the magical charges on your mystical earring for a few plats so you are ready to spam click during the next twitter alert.

Anyone remember their classic experience being like that? Sometimes you nerf classic for a reason, sometimes you don't.

Conclusion: Screw Beads. Screw Mallets. Screw Recharging. Screw Easy Mode EQ. Embrace a slightly more challenging Norrath.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Lots of 'screw' in your conclusion.

#approvescrew
Old 09-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue is always a slippery slope argument, you can't erase knowledge from people's minds. However there were some tricks from back in the day that weren't widespread knowledge (my stance on Midnight Mallets, Reapers, Soulfires, and other clicky agro control items have been pretty well documented).

P99 is a nice throwback to the harder days where you needed to pay attention and listen to raid instruction. Now you can dump a mallet, prayers, or bladestopper and watch netflix.

They nerfed Ivandyr's Hoops because they made insta zapping down some dragons too easy. Why isn't anyone still crying about that?! Oh... right... because that was sooo dumb and not how this shit was meant to be. Given enough time, everyone would have hoops and could insta kill or significantly damage a velious raid mob (imagine draining even the last 20-30% or more of a mob instantly, preventing gating / enrage, etc.). Follow up with a quick vendor trip to Sally McMuffins who knows how to somehow re-instill the magical charges on your mystical earring for a few plats so you are ready to spam click during the next twitter alert.

Anyone remember their classic experience being like that? Sometimes you nerf classic for a reason, sometimes you don't.

Conclusion: Screw Beads. Screw Mallets. Screw Recharging. Screw Easy Mode EQ. Embrace a slightly more challenging Norrath.
How many times have you tried getting a lifetap to land on a velious dragon?
Old 09-21-2017, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Works on sontalak
Old 09-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine the price of these would have declined since the monk sneak pull nerf.
Why would you think that? Since sneak nerf beads are so much more necessary on a monk, pull with eye and FD and pull out to avoid ever having aggro.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Banned

mallets have made tanking kind of shitty it's true
Old 09-22-2017, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

'Quote: Triiz:

In general, nerfed shit will always go up. Look at Ornate Velium Pendant, I have one and it's just not very useful. +100 faction isn't much at all, but they are still 15k and recently people have been trying to raise it to 20k. I don't know why I even keep mine, it has never helped me to complete a quest or use a vendor I wouldn't have been able to do without it. I think it bumped me to Dubious and let me roam around part of Kael on a toon that had never killed any giants, but that's all I can think of.'

I have 8 of them OVPs still cuz price headed to 50k each
OVP takes all your alts through Sirens as long as you dont kill anything in there
Did i mention ToV, DN, Western Wastes are end station on p1999? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OVP helps all threaten conning chars finish quests and sell/bank in towns. Example: i can do warrior epic on Ogre alt in freeport very smoothly. I can bank and sell there with him too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] helped me loads through all warrior epic questing and leveling .
Generally it can help finish quests if you miss that extra little bit faction
Wizard epic has great use of OVP as well ive heard due to faction effect. Dont know details though
Old 09-22-2017, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

IF they rewamp sirens to green cons. OVP stays 15k but then Wavecrasher rallies to 150-250k . I keep one WC as hedge. If no rewamp WC plummets to 25-30k over time but i get 50k per OVP covering the WC value loss more than enough

Free advise no need for donat
Old 09-22-2017, 03:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hell is wrong with you
Old 09-22-2017, 06:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was all before my time, but was my understanding lifetaps were nerfed as a result of ivandyr's hoops exploits? I do not play any lifetap class, so am just recalling some forum knowledge here, I welcome any correction.
Closed Thread