Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you agree to roll on scout?
Agree 153 65.95%
Disagree 79 34.05%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one was saying they would prefer a clickfest over a roll off, they are just saying you pushing your opinion that the winner should have to then also loot the disk is a horrible one. Yet you continue to prove yourself to be unable to comprehend that every time you post. Notice how even he OP has stopped replying, he sees that it is a losing battle and he has been out voted.

No one is campaigning against your roll off for scout, just your ignorant assumption that the only people who should be allowed to roll are those who would use the item.
You must have missed me reversing my stance on that a few pages ago. It's a big dumb thread so I don't blame you for not being able to keep up. Some people at the roll thought this thread was signalling a regression back to the old clickfest ways and I assured them that wasn't the case. The roll happened as if this thread didn't even exist.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Skeleton

I have 3 level 20 characters and have no idea what item this roll gets you. I will also most likely never hit a level where this matters to me but I voted yes anyway.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You must have missed me reversing my stance on that a few pages ago. It's a big dumb thread so I don't blame you for not being able to keep up. Some people at the roll thought this thread was signalling a regression back to the old clickfest ways and I assured them that wasn't the case. The roll happened as if this thread didn't even exist.
I didnt miss it at all, you seemed to flip back to your original stance with the comment "embrace the power of positivity, you shitlords". Meaning that you actually think that all these no votes are people against rolling and not just the OP lumping that you have to also loot the disk with rolling for turn in rights.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have 3 level 20 characters and have no idea what item this roll gets you. I will also most likely never hit a level where this matters to me but I voted yes anyway.
grind some faction and get rich lil buddy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Notice how even he OP has stopped replying, he sees that it is a losing battle and he has been out voted.
I get your point, as the comments kinda turned against him, but he wasn't out-voted. The yes's have the vote almost 2-to-1, currently.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

The poll is "Do you agree to roll on scout?" The thread and OP are talking about something else entirely. The yes votes aren't necessarily on his side, like mine for example. Whole thing feels like a dirty EULA.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Aviak

He outlined his stance pretty well with the first post. Guess everything is open to interpretation.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought this as well. The subsequent arguing thereafter with RMT lord and the OP reinforced the OPs specific roll suggestion.

I was also under the impression that for an entitire month the players involved have been rolling to personally loot, not sell, until recently (for the most part at least).

The typical poopsockers upsetting this month of friendly rolling is the reason for this threads existence. Sadly this will never be a "player made agreement" for the obvious reasons not every player is in agreement. However it could still be made to change based on a majority vote, no matter how unlikely that will be.

I also don't get the issue with rolling to loot. I imagine the Only people who would be against it are those that don't need it, have enough plat after 5 years of EQing so wants to purchase it out of laziness, want to snag one for a guildy/alt or want to snag one to sell. It being classic isn't a solid argument since this is p99, literally the least classic, classic EQ server in existence.

Personally I don't see anything changing about scout.
Nothing was different the previous month except maybe there was a streak where everyone who won the roll actually used it. But i can 100% guarantee that there were people there rolling with the intention of selling the loot rights.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also disagree with forcing loot. As stated in other thread, I personally have never even won a roll but I believe rolling = ownership of mob, and not designated loot. People win to MQ or give to guild, other person can win next time for themselves / bring their own buddies. As long as someone is committing the time / effort to get there and wait / roll, they have a fair shot at rolling for OWNERSHIP of mob / loot meaning they can do with it as they will.

Also, player made rules are only for people who agreed to it. Technically if someone didnt roll and decided to clickfest (as has happened), they would be in the right (legally, not morally) to ignore rolls altogether. Just stating on forum doesnt work. Even OOCing in WW prior to roll doesnt work, as they can just ooc "I do not agree to roll." and then be in the clear to clickfest. If they rolled and THEN click fest, there should be immediate suspension / ban, but they need to agree to roll in the first place. There needs to be something to solve this, but I have no solution to this.

If you didnt have BoB/Talisman and you were on ur first char and in a guild that eeryone needed those items and had no motivation to roll for others before themselves would you still say the same thing?
Old 10-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

As they should be able to, since rolling only gives you rights to the mob. Theres no reason this one encounter is different. Everyone has earned their chance to roll, and no one is entitled to special benefits. This is not your guild showing up to raid a mob for your benefit, this is random people coming together to make it a fair shot for everyone involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you didnt have BoB/Talisman and you were on ur first char and in a guild that eeryone needed those items and had no motivation to roll for others before themselves would you still say the same thing?
I have stated multiple times I have not ever won a charisa roll. I do not have a bob / talisman on my main or any alts. I still believe mob belongs to roller and any way they want to do loot belongs to them. Because this is completely fair and unbiased. You do not get to tell someone what they do with loot. I personally do not get any benefit from this. However, I am not greedy and do not feel self entitled to loot which everyone else here has spent time to try and get, selling the rights to loot or no.
Last edited by Legidias; 10-06-2017 at 08:40 PM..
Closed Thread