Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkbythebook12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats funny aikons, I came a few times to ring roll to help my buddy try to win. I didnt need it of course but then people told me I couldnt roll unless i was ready for it. Didnt know shady stuff was going on. I guess you cant trust peeps nowadays. I did see something on forums about doing some sort of variance like lodi, not sure the logistics, but it seems to be better than just rolling or giving loot rights away. If u want that item so bad, camp it like most rest of us heh. just my two cents
your first problem is not being familiar with the servers rules.

your second problem was letting random people, who are not server admins, tell you what you could or couldn't do.

He literally did camp it like the "most rest of you". He rolled and won the roll, what exactly is the problem? you werent and your friend wasnt going to get the item so the final outcome has no affect on you.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

I personally don't see anything wrong with selling your winning roll but I would think that out of respect to everyone there, you bring your own kill force and if you don't have one you shouldn't be able to sell it.
Or tip out each person who assisted.

Not entirely plausible but brainstorming
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-06-2017, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Oh my god guys you mean AM is trying to be shady and skirt the rules/player agreements? That's like so not like them - what happened?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh my god guys you mean AM is trying to be shady and skirt the rules/player agreements? That's like so not like them - what happened?
What player made agreement? All i see is one person trying to push their opinion onto everyone with over 30% who voted disagreeing. Doesn't sound like there currently is a player agreement on scout.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See earlier post, it is never stated in ooc.
Whatever, it's put in a public channel and everyone can see it if they are at scout.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:51 AM
Banned

This really has all the ingredients for an RNF thread now.

Move please.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

When is scout?
Old 10-07-2017, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What player made agreement? All i see is one person trying to push their opinion onto everyone with over 30% who voted disagreeing. Doesn't sound like there currently is a player agreement on scout.
Weeelll, 30% disagreeing would simply constitute a minority disagreeing.

Now that that has been stated, I do agree that the loot rights on the roll should be counted as such and the roll winner should be able to do what he wants with the loot. Fair or not, it sure as shit beats some asshats with macro-click applications to gain unfair advantage.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doujou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't think this was the case but wanted to clarify.

Today Aikons from AM won the roll and turned in tools, but let Sovs from AM (who rolled and lost) loot the gear.

From my understanding, the winner of the roll turns in tools and loots gear. The fact you rolled is your agreement to the player-made agreement. Am I wrong in understanding how this works?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll is just for turn in (needs tools) / "ownership" of spawned mob, that person can then decide whatever to do with loot including looting, giving, or even destroying if thats what they really want in life.
The fact that this is how it is is exactly why the roll format is shit. What I've been saying all along.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErlickBachman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that this is how it is is exactly why the roll format is shit. What I've been saying all along.
Here's the thing: there's the server we want, and the server we have. If I phrased a poll the right way I'm willing to bet 10k plat I could get a majority to say that they (like me) want a server that goes to PoP ... but it wouldn't matter, because the devs will never even go to Luclin.

Same deal here: many people want a fair GM-enforced mechanism that prioritizes the people who most deserve the spawn to get it. That's a great idea, and I fully support the spirit in which my awesome guild mate Glitter proposed it ... but it can't happen because the staff won't go for it (if only because they are 100% volunteers and are busy enough without having to add more work for themselves).

Because of this, any agreement whatsoever has to be opt-in: whether we like it or not that's how this server works. This is why even the roll agreement is tentative: if assholes (not naming any names) don't agree and want to have a click-fight, they can.

However, as I pointed out in the other thread, there's one other piece here, and that's the fact that the players involved also "opt-in" to helping whoever wins the roll with their fight. Now if that player isn't doing the fight for themselves, all those other players may not want to help them, and they have a 100% legitimate right not to do so.

TLDR: Here's what I suggest. Leave the roll itself as is, not necessarily because it's what anyone wants, but because we can all agree that it's better than a click fest (and we can't agree on anything else). But when it comes time to fight after, everyone helping should demand that the roll winner say who they're doing it for. If they lie and people help them they've violated the server rule on defrauding. But if they are doing it for themselves they get to see the great spirit of this server with free help from kind people.

I'm not saying it's the best possible option, but it seems like the best possible option for our server, with it's limits.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-07-2017 at 12:28 PM..
Closed Thread