Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

I think the second west QHills rabid wolf is on a longer timer or has a PH. I had done this on a couple different characters during the current plague event. And yeah, there is sometimes the odd rabid wolf on the east side nearish to where br'er bear wanders.

Best bet for rabid bears is to go to WK and nail them. Obviously way easier with track.

The bandits are just fantastic exp and cash for the level. And for new folks, it gives them a chance to figure out the mechanics of splitting groups of mobs up and/or dealing with casters (just ranger/druid spells, IIRC, but nice intro mobs!).
Old 07-13-2017, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been killing rabid wolves but there is currently only 1 spawning. I have spent agggeesss looking for the second, but to no avail. I'd be happy for someone to prove me wrong, maybe a ranger with track, but only 1 rabid wolf.

Plus the rabid grizzly seems to have a few place holders too now?
yea its wonky now with the plague event, pathing and spawn locations changed. Both wolves and the grizzly used to be on 6min 40sec (standard outdoor) spawn timers and had patrol routes they'd take, after the event kicked off its all over the place.

like Cane said you can find them in WK now too, which wasn't the case prior to the event.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

sadly I can't edit OP, would love to clean it up with spoiler tags and spelling/grammar errors.

part 4, that bread quest, has apparently been nerfed due to some player shenanigans, a more robust thread on the subject is here.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

bump, try Qeynos today. less bread, more bandits!
Old 10-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Skeleton

When my buddy and I made our 2nd duo here to test different classes before locking in on one, we were a barb shm and war. Our first duo stayed around the Freeport areas and I have to say I'd suggest new players try the Qeynos side first. We did the bulk of 10-20 on bandits and turning in their sashes for the quest in Qeynos. The open camps and insane plat earning for that level really is better than begging for stuff at the tunnel. We wouldn't leave the main mountain bandit camp until our inventory was full of sashes. You get a bronze weapon and gold for each turn in, it's amazing. You also get to sell the bronze weapons the bandits drop to in zone vendors, pretty nice. Of course this doesn't work for evil class/race but I'd suggest it to anyone that can do it.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Considering how Blackburrow is a favorite PL zone to many, it is nice to have the rabid critters/bandits options. Unless there are a ton of folks leveling at the same time in EK/QH/BB, there are a lot of good options.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:39 AM
Fire Giant

Gnoll fangs as well. Though i remember fangs giving a lot more exp per turn in on classic live than it does on p99. People used to exclusively level up there because the fangs gave better exp than belts and such for kaladim turn ins.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

while in qeynos hills, kill the gnoll hunters as often as possible and turn the staff pieces in to Corun Finisc for a crappy staff and up to 8 plat.
Closed Thread