Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-31-2017, 08:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Mouselook stops at 90 degree

Hello, I just installed P1999, and I have only a little problem, when I pan horizontally in first person view, mouselook seems to work only up to a certain angle, about 90 degrees. Then it stops and i have to lift the mouse and put it down again to be able to continue looking around. It's not sluggish, it just stops like it was blocked for some reason. Anyone know this issue and if there is a solution? I'm using a Mac with Wineskin.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:57 AM
Decaying Skeleton

sorry, changing to 60 fps fixed it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (why??)
Old 04-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Aviak

It's an issue with wine that has been a problem for many years. There are multiple wine user submitted patches and an official one (enable it in the registry.)that fixes this issue for other games, unfortunately it was no good for eq. If you search the wine bug repositories you will find it. If you ever come across a fix let me know.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you Life617. Changing the max FPS to 60 helped a bit, now I can turn about 180 degrees so it's quite playable. It seems like the mouse stops when it reaches the end of the screen (supposedly, cause you can't see it)
Old 09-27-2017, 01:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altairzq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you Life617. Changing the max FPS to 60 helped a bit, now I can turn about 180 degrees so it's quite playable. It seems like the mouse stops when it reaches the end of the screen (supposedly, cause you can't see it)
Can you fill me in on how to change this setting please? I'm a bit lost getting back into this.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Check in wine config. There is an option to capture the mouse that should fix this.