Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 08:02 PM
Large Bat

Default Thurg gear

What is the best way to farm for thurg armor as a caster ?
Old 10-09-2017, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Join a group? Except for maybe Enchanters I don't think any class can solo the relevant mobs, because their HP/regen require DPS, but they hit hard enough that they also require slow/healing.

A (Torpor) shaman/monk duo can certainly do some giants though. I think they could do some that drop Thurg armor ... but I haven't actually killed armor mobs with a monk myself (I've only done mobs like Bjrakor the Cold), so YMMV.

In any case, you'll have to get more specific than just "caster" if you want useful responses.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-09-2017 at 10:15 PM..
Old 10-09-2017, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Best way is farm plat and buy mq. Given RNG, group loot distribution, low drop rates, and only some drops are caster drops. Caster items and gems are cheap.

Or grab a group to do em. Single group can do arena.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Large Bat

Sorry I meant the best way to get caster drops as we do not have plate house and would need to kill the lowest level mobs that drop.

Would most likely be a group effort.

I guess in the long run farm and MQ might be fastest.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Fire Giant

60 necro can solo Lieutenants in Kael at 4-way. Seen an epic mage soloing there as well. Drop rates are terrible but I can clear the 8 mobs (2 roamers and 3x 2 static mobs) in about 20 mins and they have - I think - 27 min respawn time, so time to rinse repeat. I'd say that averaged over time you're going to be getting maybe one armor piece per 1½ or so hours (totally just grabbing that out of my mind-bank... never bothered to write it down so just anecdotal).

Mind you many of the pieces are shit. Got a lot of cloth bracers and leather caps for instance, also plate gloves and bracers.

Have only ever gotten 2x legs and 2x bp - though the one bp was robe which was a big pay day.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroglokCaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the best way to farm for thurg armor as a caster ?
Get the gems/faction and i have some cloth boots that you can have.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Minor suggestion: instead of wasting time with Thurg armor you could just bypass it and go straight to the (almost always superior) Dragon armor by joining a guild that does ToV (like my guild Anonymous) OR by joining that open ToV pickup raid that's been posted.

If you're just against raiding period then Thurg armor works, but if you're at all willing to raid for Dragon armor then Thurg armor becomes just a waste of time and gems.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Join a group? Except for maybe Enchanters I don't think any class can solo the relevant mobs, because their HP/regen require DPS, but they hit hard enough that they also require slow/healing.

A (Torpor) shaman/monk duo can certainly do some giants though. I think they could do some that drop Thurg armor ... but I haven't actually killed armor mobs with a monk myself (I've only done mobs like Bjrakor the Cold), so YMMV.

In any case, you'll have to get more specific than just "caster" if you want useful responses.
I've duo'd arena with monk/sham duo up to Veteran level difficulty. Protectors of Zek not possible. It's slow going with the regen of those mobs but possible. Adding a 3rd for dps makes it easy. If that third is a necro who knows how to use their heal spells ... they're the best third wheel imo.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-16-2017, 04:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Necros can solo the 4 way pretty easily as can druids with one of the wolves as a pet.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros can solo the 4 way pretty easily as can druids with one of the wolves as a pet.
Wanna toss in Torpor shaman there as well although their low dps makes it a pita compared to necro and dru/enc
Closed Thread