Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 02:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
things that don't take place in the arena would probably be good

you're never going to have a "good" event where people don't compromise it by bending the rules or metagaming it via playing only with their friends/guildmates

something that involves a specific objective out in the world that each guild would be attracted to, promoting group/mass pvp without trying to impose boundaries on people
I like that idea, I really do

But what zone could we do stuff in that is big enough to hold 50-60 people or more without it getting cluttered up? I do understand some zones you can use strategy etc. But then you would have people hiding out dispelling, nuking, or even worse helping kill someone. Like tonight I had that issue and it was out in the open. I want the matches to be fair 1v1 or 2v2 or 6v6. Not 3v1 5v2 etc. I am sure you get the point. Lay down some ground rules for some stuff. Lets get some stuff ironed out. Remember I am here for YOU guys.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

Cylock is making a legitimate effort ala Moregan (and to a greater extent Derubael), to help red.

I can't in good conscience continue to troll the current state of red as long as Cylock is involved here.

He is also apparently a pretty level headed guy. I administered the beady-eyed dar test in this very thread earlier and let's just say-- he's definitely red certified, a man after Sirken's own heart.

On topic: As for where to hold an event that can entertain 50-60 people?

Dagnor's Cauldron! (Red99 inside joke)

OK. I said no trolling. I was going to say Field of Bone for Max FFA events, but guards could be obnoxious.

FoB has been used a lot so some might consider it stale. Some of the peripheral zones to FoB.

Trying to think outside the box for different events that don't involve guild VS guild necessarily...For high to Max level scavenger hunts I'd say Crystal Caverns could possibly be used. It has a hub for a base, and it has some type of duct system if I recall but the zone may be much smaller than I remember? Worth checking the map out perhaps.

A combination event involving the fort, walruses shore, + crystal could have potential for a smaller scale event.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 03-15-2017 at 02:45 AM..
Old 03-15-2017, 02:44 AM
Fire Giant

How about a bake off?

Or an orchestrated mass dance like those prisoners do in indonesian jails
Old 03-15-2017, 03:01 AM
Sarnak

well, having an event where you want even number duel type fights is going to be subject to outside influence, no matter how you slice it. almost every event in the arena has people interfering mid-fight, people ganking those who are freshly rezzed, people willfully violating rules against certain items/buffs/strategies, etc.

these types of fights are cool for bragging rights, but they've been done SO many times in such a stale setting

like i said, it needs to be something objective based out in the world that each guild will be interested in fighting over

rough idea of an event that follows those parameters, while also adhering to the tools and powers at your disposal as only a guide:

-turn off invulnerability, buff yourself up, station yourself in a zone
-set a time limit
-designate a guild/group to defend you, or find a compelling reason for them to defend you
-guild/group that kills you within the time limit wins, or defending guild/group wins if time limit is reached

or:

-set yourself up in a zone with trades turned on
-set a bounty for a specific item found in a specific zone that players likely wouldn't have a stockpile of; this could be something like 50 leatherfoot raider skullcaps (the common drop from halflings in nektulos)
-first group/guild to turn the bounty in wins

as far as zone setting, i would avoid zones containing only one zoneline so that you can avoid camp-the-zoneline stalemates (karnor's castle is one of the worst offenders as an example)

an example of a good zone would be nektulos forest:

-almost zero chance of NPC interference
-low visibility
-fairly large
-4 ways to enter the zone, including a portal and an adjacent zone with a portal
-outdoor
-not a flat, tiny shoebox
-very accessible to low level players for spectating
Last edited by Cwall 146.0; 03-15-2017 at 03:07 AM..
Old 03-15-2017, 03:02 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Battle Royale

Start randomly making zones lethal via poisonous clouds or whatever, which would kill anyone present in the zone. Not sure if this mechanic is ingame/possible?

Continue to lock down zones until the entire server is funneled into one zone. Last man standing. Sucks for the lowbies, but who gives a fuck.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:57 AM
Banned

Tbh and this is said alot to the point it's annoying: but the best GM event that red99 could get is a wipe/reset.

Population would boom.

Aside from that...

Also I think 6v6's with class restrictions would be best. Stop everyone meta playing the game with 5 wizards and 1 enchanter.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:03 AM
Fire Giant

agreed, arena is so flat and dull. only thing you can really do is run behind spectators and the very bottom of arena to collision arrows. world pvp has more levitation, juking around stuff, water dancing. getting stuck on stuff like idiots because u leave auto ducking on and dying etc.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

give me GM powers and have the server v me
Old 03-15-2017, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well, having an event where you want even number duel type fights is going to be subject to outside influence, no matter how you slice it. almost every event in the arena has people interfering mid-fight, people ganking those who are freshly rezzed, people willfully violating rules against certain items/buffs/strategies, etc.

these types of fights are cool for bragging rights, but they've been done SO many times in such a stale setting

like i said, it needs to be something objective based out in the world that each guild will be interested in fighting over

rough idea of an event that follows those parameters, while also adhering to the tools and powers at your disposal as only a guide:

-turn off invulnerability, buff yourself up, station yourself in a zone
-set a time limit
-designate a guild/group to defend you, or find a compelling reason for them to defend you
-guild/group that kills you within the time limit wins, or defending guild/group wins if time limit is reached

or:

-set yourself up in a zone with trades turned on
-set a bounty for a specific item found in a specific zone that players likely wouldn't have a stockpile of; this could be something like 50 leatherfoot raider skullcaps (the common drop from halflings in nektulos)
-first group/guild to turn the bounty in wins

as far as zone setting, i would avoid zones containing only one zoneline so that you can avoid camp-the-zoneline stalemates (karnor's castle is one of the worst offenders as an example)

an example of a good zone would be nektulos forest:

-almost zero chance of NPC interference
-low visibility
-fairly large
-4 ways to enter the zone, including a portal and an adjacent zone with a portal
-outdoor
-not a flat, tiny shoebox
-very accessible to low level players for spectating
Yes
Old 03-15-2017, 07:58 AM
Fire Giant

Could also try to post on the forums that you're planning on doing a GM event with some notice.