Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ranger: Gear advice for lowbie/mid range?

I have about 3k. Currently wear a Staw Spun Belt and have a Runed Oak Bow (and Spectral). Lvl 50 and 99% solo at this point. The range and stats would be nice but I'm on the fence. I make the cheap 1 dmg 150 range arrows and mostly just use them to pull with.

Thanks for your opinion below...
1.) Get a TBB
2.) Get a Rain Caller
3.) Just spend the money on a twink =)

The rest of my gear is lowbie-to-decent. A mix of tolans, black ice, crystal chitin handwraps, woodsman, phase spider, etc.

I like the ranger but can't see hitting 60 anytime soon or group much due to my work schedule. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2017, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Soloing as a ranger is a serious commitment. If you are interested in investing in this characters long term future and want to make it to 60 without mostly group content, you're going to need amazing gear. Amazing gear costs plat.

Make some plat. Roll a wizard or druid, bard or whatever and have more than 3k to spend on gear. More than 3k to spend on one slot will make a huge difference.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 10-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soloing as a ranger is a serious commitment. If you are interested in investing in this characters long term future and want to make it to 60 without mostly group content, you're going to need amazing gear. Amazing gear costs plat.

Make some plat. Roll a wizard or druid, bard or whatever and have more than 3k to spend on gear. More than 3k to spend on one slot will make a huge difference.
Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Will prob just upgrade my bow and find time to group. I can't see replacing that for a long time and at least will be a nice pulling tool.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Banned

Woodsman's Staff I think is pretty legit for the money. Can probably get one for 3k

https://wiki.project1999.com/Woodsman's_Staffting

Fleeting Quiver also gives you like an extra 60% overhaste for Bows

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fleeting_Quiver

EDIT: I see you have Woodsman - Doh - Would just save for better haste then or try to quest for your Sky Cloak since it gives you a 50% haste clicker
Old 10-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woodsman's Staff I think is pretty legit for the money. Can probably get one for 3k

https://wiki.project1999.com/Woodsman's_Staffting

Fleeting Quiver also gives you like an extra 60% overhaste for Bows

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fleeting_Quiver

EDIT: I see you have Woodsman - Doh - Would just save for better haste then or try to quest for your Sky Cloak since it gives you a 50% haste clicker
Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good point on both regards. Thinking of going Rain Caller and saving up a tad for a fleeting. Will see if I ever venture into the world of PoS but it surely would be great to have.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

You can probably camp the TBB if you wanted. Also raincaller is good for stats but it's not a huge upgrade. Might be better off saving to MQ swiftwind
Old 10-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can probably camp the TBB if you wanted. Also raincaller is good for stats but it's not a huge upgrade. Might be better off saving to MQ swiftwind
Thanks. Hmm, time to research [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Fire Giant

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bow_of_the_Huntsman

Soloable for a ranger, easy with a shaman to slow and heal. Need KromRIF faction for turnin, which is not easy, takes a few days and ~150 Coldain Heads from Max Scowling to be high enough for turn in.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 10-17-2017, 05:50 AM
Planar Protector

Don't save for the swiftwind MQ, be social.

Complete your quest to VSR. Make a deal with a guild to track and spawn VSR in exchange for one of the pulsing green stones. Maybe even join a guild if desired/needed.

40% haste, 30 attack and decent ratio.

Bow of Huntsman pretty cool weapon. Can turn in with sneak.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

If you are committed to soloing and going to save money for anything it should be a fungi or your epic. But probably the fungi first.
Closed Thread