Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

VZTZ 1.0 on Tallon Zek Times circa 2007. Moved here with then Dream Team to form Holocaust day 1.
Last edited by Zalaerian; 06-16-2015 at 08:04 PM..
Old 06-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol I have a suspicious feeling that this community as a whole has more similarities than differneces.
lmao, truth.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:04 AM
Aviak

Played private WoW server

One day decided i should find a private EQ server (played in 1999 when i was six years old)

Found p99 first google search

Used my dad's titanium disc set to install
Old 06-17-2015, 05:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol I have a suspicious feeling that this community as a whole has more similarities than differneces.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2015, 08:45 AM
Aviak

Also a Google search...looked to relive something like this for years and everything fell flat.

Started playing with RL friend Disonae on blue in 2011 and the rest is history. Still amazes me how many people I continue to run into on this server from the good old days on VZ live. What other gaming community develops such strong ties and in some cases; hatred.

Blizze - Necromancer of Empire
Old 06-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Aviak

Oh i guess i joined in 2010 per my account info...

Blizze - Necromancer of Empire
Old 06-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Fire Giant

played blue right when kunark came out for like 2-3 months till i saw red was comin never looked back.

i been following eqemulator way before p99 was thought about eqemu been around for a long time.
Last edited by LostCause; 06-17-2015 at 09:08 AM..
Old 06-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was randomly browsing reddit one day and someone posted a screen shot of north karana making fun of the graphics but saying how immersive they were back in the day.

Followed the thread back to P99 and regretted it every day since. How about you?
parole
Old 06-17-2015, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Used to visit hackersquest forum. I think there was a link to an eq emulator under development that was no where near playable. Remembered it a few years later. Found p99.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 06-17-2015, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Got burnt out on modern mmo and returned to my roots.
Played blue - lasted 3 months - got bored.
Played red - lasted 2 days
Played red years later - loved iksar but red community was fucked in the head and got put off by ooc. Neefin convinced me to stick around - got griefed by nihilum alts, azrael alts, force alts etc. Was like the only person levelling who wasn't an alt or twink. Joined nihilum with a bunch of random players (erdriick etc) because of vyrenoth who hooked us up with exp groups and was super nice. Watched the same guy go cray cray over the years and mace someone irl. Watched the guild I was in ripped apart by dubious circumstances at best. Learnt that much corruption was involved in that server changing decision.

Helped rebuild the server for pals that were guileless and joined guilds that I believed were good for server health. Helped build smoke break / blaze which was eventually merged into holocaust. Saw the true colours of holocaust/empire and put them to the test. Test failed as expected and proven to be the most corrupt guild I have experidnced since the start of r99.

Now kick it with a group of good guys in ts doing random shit and helping out. Glad that I am not raiding for aimchat rerolls.

TLDR - got sick of modern mmorpgs and somehow became a permanent part of this server. Still a mystery to this day as to why I stayed.