Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Default Ideal population distribution

What do you guys think the ideal distribution of levels during classic (before kunark launch) of levels would be? I thought about this when doing a /who count earlier this week, and roughly 1 in 4 people online were level 60 and 3/8 were level 55+. Should the majority of the population be around 25? 30? Somewhat normally distributed? How long would you imagine it wouuld take for green to with an average population of 3000 (I know this is a big assumption) to surpass this?
Old 09-27-2019, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you guys think the ideal distribution of levels during classic (before kunark launch) of levels would be? I thought about this when doing a /who count earlier this week, and roughly 1 in 4 people online were level 60 and 3/8 were level 55+. Should the majority of the population be around 25? 30? Somewhat normally distributed? How long would you imagine it wouuld take for green to with an average population of 3000 (I know this is a big assumption) to surpass this?
Ideally it should be spread out. In the old world there's not a ton of content for any given level range.

Less than half the online population at 55+ is something I find incredible on a ten year old server.

Danth
Old 09-27-2019, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Right now the server pop overall seems down, so many of the people logging in and playing are just that invested to skew the population even more top heavy than ever. No one probably wants to go level alts if they are planning to roll on green and others/more casuals have just left for WoW classic or are taking a break until green.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ideally it should be spread out. In the old world there's not a ton of content for any given level range.

Less than half the online population at 55+ is something I find incredible on a ten year old server.

Danth
I mean it only tells part of the picture. If there was a way to do /who count of the people who weren't 60 but still had a level 60 char...I wonder what that would be.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean it only tells part of the picture. If there was a way to do /who count of the people who weren't 60 but still had a level 60 char...I wonder what that would be.
True, but still incredible. I've seen numerous servers, younger than P99, across various games (including EQ) where the lower-level portion of the game was basically dead. Even if it's mostly people leveling alts (which it probably is) P99's still practically unique in that regard. I like it.

Danth
Old 09-27-2019, 12:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
How long would you imagine it wouuld take for green to with an average population of 3000 (I know this is a big assumption) to surpass this?
3000 average would mean that even leveling won't be that easy.

There were about 2000 at prime time on live pre Kunark. That resulted in LGuk having more than 100 players in it. Basically every room with a named was a camp. And some places without a named as well. - Not many frogs for people to kill, lots of downtime, slow leveling.

I remember camping a single aviak spawn in Lake Rathe with my necro. Or a single ice giant in Everfrost. The lower level twink groups on blue are used to fast kills and having a comparatively big area to pull from. With 3000 players on green there will be a lot of sitting around, waiting for spawns or trying to find a spot where to set up a camp, just to get a bit of XP.
Closed Thread