Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-18-2023, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aussen somehow manages to post about israel in the lose weight thread and have it be relevant; impressive
I don't think IZ smoked anything. But if he did whatever it was I want some.

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole Lyrics
"Over The Rainbow"

Ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dream of
Once in a lullaby

Bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dream of
Dreams really do come true

Someday, I wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me

Bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dare to
Oh why, oh why can't I?

Well, I see trees of green and red roses too
I'll watch them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Well, I see skies of blue and I see clouds of white
And the brightness of day
I like the dark
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
And also on the faces of people passing by
I see friends shaking hands saying
How do you do?
They're really saying I, I love you

I hear babies cry and I watch them grow
They'll learn much more then we'll know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
World

Someday I wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me

Oh, somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dare to
Why oh, why can't I?

Ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh
Old 10-18-2023, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
half dome was a success. ~16 miles and ~5100' of elevation gain and loss. the cables for the final 400' climb were a traffic jam. once i got back down the cables, i trail ran the entire way back down into the valley to our campsite.

time up- 6 hours
time down- 1 hour 55 mins

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is bad ass buddy. Have you done Channel Islands National park? I’m wanting to do a 2-3 week cali national parks trip next year but I can’t find anyone familiar with that one
Old 10-18-2023, 09:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
half dome was a success. ~16 miles and ~5100' of elevation gain and loss. the cables for the final 400' climb were a traffic jam. once i got back down the cables, i trail ran the entire way back down into the valley to our campsite.

time up- 6 hours

I've applied 4x for half dome permits and never got one. So last time I said screw it and beat the rangers up the subdome. Climbed the cables in the dark (had my headlamp) and watched the sun come up.

Clouds Rest wound up being far a far better hike. Less traffic.
Old 10-18-2023, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is bad ass buddy. Have you done Channel Islands National park? I’m wanting to do a 2-3 week cali national parks trip next year but I can’t find anyone familiar with that one
not yet! on the list for sure. i'd like to spend at least 1 night out there in one of the campgrounds though - you don't have a lot of freedom on where you're allowed to hike or camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86zskidoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've applied 4x for half dome permits and never got one. So last time I said screw it and beat the rangers up the subdome. Climbed the cables in the dark (had my headlamp) and watched the sun come up.

Clouds Rest wound up being far a far better hike. Less traffic.

i think this was our 7th? year applying for permits. we got up there shortly after the ranger, and she was checking people who were coming down before she got there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i think it's like a $300 fine yikes
Old 10-18-2023, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
not yet! on the list for sure. i'd like to spend at least 1 night out there in one of the campgrounds though - you don't have a lot of freedom on where you're allowed to hike or camp

i think this was our 7th? year applying for permits. we got up there shortly after the ranger, and she was checking people who were coming down before she got there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i think it's like a $300 fine yikes
Have you been on any other hikes that were comparable? Previously did half dome approx ten years back and currently looking to find options in similar difficulty range.
Old 10-18-2023, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:

time up- 6 hours

Beautiful pics! Jealous, that looks fun

Too bad you didn’t check the health app if you had an iPhone or ran some kind of a fitness tracker, woulda been cool to see how many calories that burned
Old 10-18-2023, 11:14 PM
Banned

WTF is Victoria Secret doing? When sales drop you need to DOUBLE DOWN

And when I say “double down” I mean on weight!

Go fatter with your models! I’m talking girls with double foopah’s. Girls with back tits. Don’t stop the mass psychological movement to convince people that super fat is beautiful!

You were almost there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3436.jpg (21.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-18-2023, 11:25 PM
Banned

Philion dropped the ball on this one:

- Talks about rampant steroid use in the UK, and mentions how many people are open and honest about use nowadays, then titles his video “fake natty invasion” because it’s more hyperbolic. News flash, broheim, someone admitting use is not a “fake natty”

- Claims that people taking steroids don’t “work hard”. Most steroids do not give magical strength, speed, or cardio. If anything most actually hurt cardio. They also don’t magically build muscle without damaging muscle fibers. All they do is assist with greater repair

- In fact, when it comes to “working hard”, there are people who already had a personality to want to focus very hard on training, but were limited on what their body could naturally repair, and decided to boost their ability to repair to match their mental drive to train hard. But Philion wants to pretend that the only people who are drawn to steroids or TRT, are lazy people who want a quick way to cheat

- Philion is a prime example of someone who makes the unfalsifiable claim of “I bet I could look like The Rock if I took the same drugs as him, but I won’t ever prove it, so I can pat myself on the back and claim that I work just as hard as he does”

The reality:

- Drug users work ethic is a spectrum just like non-drug users. Some drug users work harder, some less hard. I would venture that some of the hardest trainers in the world are drug users, people who were already obsessed with their hobby and wanted a pharmaceutical way to continue to do it to an obsessive amount

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 10-18-2023, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Old 10-19-2023, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would venture that some of the hardest trainers in the world are drug users
I can tell by looking at the physique of the yoked dude that admits use in an interview, that he trains not only harder but better than Philion could imagine. Taking drugs does not grant magic symmetry, good aesthetics. That shit has to be carved and chiseled or else you get weird looking non-symmetrical size

I would bet my truck that if Philion and that guy were in the gym together, Philion would be thinking “oh wow this dude trains harder, for longer, and with better form than I. And he also is doing a bunch of exercises I didn’t even know existed” and then you stack the drug progress on top of that. But the gap would be closer if Philion actually trained as well, in terms of form and knowledge at least. Anyone who lifts for aesthetics can respect that careful work that has to go into really great symmetry in addition to size

Also, if the drug user is training harder, because they can, then there is also a greater mental fortitude needed. Because drugs don’t change the fact that the longer the body is kept in a state of borderline-car-accident levels of torture, be it from either some intense lift session or some crazy endurance run, the longer the brain is battling with the impulse of: “WTF are we in the middle of an actual war? How long has the tiger been chasing us?? FUCKING STAPH ALREADY. STAPH!”. And then the brain has to override that impulse

CNS burnout is a thing and drugs don’t magically protect against that