Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

just a quick question, i love your UI, but i play EQ on a piss poor machine, i use titanium with velious UI, and seems to be low process... Is your UI low process's as well? the install in general too?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caridry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just a quick question, i love your UI, but i play EQ on a piss poor machine, i use titanium with velious UI, and seems to be low process... Is your UI low process's as well? the install in general too?
What do you mean by low process? If you mean is it simple, then yes, its very simple and self explanatory.

If you are asking if it takes up resources, then the answer is that it takes NO (zero) additional resources, it makes changes to the existing EQ files, and does NOT run anything on top of the game. So with or without it, the CPU/Memory etc usage will be identical.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are asking if it takes up resources, then the answer is that it takes NO (zero) additional resources, it makes changes to the existing EQ files, and does NOT run anything on top of the game. So with or without it, the CPU/Memory etc usage will be identical.
just what i wanted to hear =)
Old 01-29-2012, 03:27 AM
Sarnak

installed everything, everything is working great... except one thing, my mouse scroll is SUPER slow now. when i go to scroll out into 3rd person it takes 7-10 scrolls to zoom it all the way out, whereas before it only took one quick swipe of the scroll to be all the way out...
Old 01-29-2012, 06:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caridry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
installed everything, everything is working great... except one thing, my mouse scroll is SUPER slow now. when i go to scroll out into 3rd person it takes 7-10 scrolls to zoom it all the way out, whereas before it only took one quick swipe of the scroll to be all the way out...
I havent experienced anything like that. No reason the installer would cause that either. Have you checked in windows to make sure your mouse wheel scross amount wasnt changed?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Sarnak

having same issue as Caridry, and it makes it difficult being a monk =P
Old 02-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanomamo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off - love your UI. Sorry if this has already been asked/suggested, but i would love an option to display tenths or even hundredths of percentage on experience. Thanks!
did you see my post, Crushev? <3
Old 02-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Aviak

spell icon didnt change even i select change to luclin gem icon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanomamo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did you see my post, Crushev? <3
Yep, sorry thought I answered. Basically UI for EQ relies on built in UI functions. There is no function for sub %.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawing168 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
spell icon didnt change even i select change to luclin gem icon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure you have UAC turned off if on Vista or Windows 7, also make sure EQ is in C:\ and NOT in program files. And lastly.. run the tool as administrator (right click -> Run as Administrator).
Old 02-06-2012, 02:56 AM
Large Rat

Finally just started playing here on P1999 after retiring from EQ back in 2005 and totally loving it. I tried out your duxaui ui mod and I really like some aspects of it but not all of them. I'm wondering if theres a way I can get only your player window with the extra info on it and the hotbutton window with the bag slots on it to work on my default ui. I tried copying just the 2 files for these 2 windows into a new custom default folder and loading it but it didnt work.

Alternatively all I'm really after is a player window with the xp bar and current/total #'s for hp and mana on it and a hotbutton window with the 8 bag slots on it. If theres any other mods out there with just these 2 things that work with P1999 I'd greatly appreciate the info [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Basically looking for something as close to this player window as possible though the AA bar isn't necessary of course and this hotbutton window
Last edited by Kataro; 02-06-2012 at 08:12 AM..