Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Default Matrix Resurrections

I have been expecting this film to be terrible. The previews were God awful and to be honest, the movie was just as bad. I rarely walk away from a film with a bad feeling in my gut. If I do, it's because either: the movie is bad or I don't feet well. This movie was just so terrible. Everything from the convoluted lack of story to the changed actors and the flashbacks to the old films to the one-liners sprinkled throughout..it just amounted to a really terrible time.

SPOILERS!!!
==============================================

This movie was SO BAD that they broke the fourth wall just to explain to the audience why exactly we have a fourth film. More or less it boiled down to this:

"The studio was going to make a fourth Matrix movie..either with or without us. We had to get onboard or get out of the way." Not only did we get that insult to the studio explanation but we got pieces of "writer's exposition" meaning they showed the "creative minds" behind making the Matrix film by showing complaining producers/writers.

Even the scene after the credits was pretentious insults slung at the studio. This was such a bad movie and I feel like I was just divorced by my franchise I loved so much.

Oh well at least I can watch the first 3 movies+the Animatrix again and again.
Last edited by Mazoku; 12-23-2021 at 03:50 PM..
Old 12-23-2021, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Im halfway through it right now and it seems more like a joke than a movie but gonna finish the second half tonight.

So far it's like and episode of this:

Old 12-23-2021, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been expecting this film to be terrible. The previews were God awful and to be honest, the movie was just as bad. I rarely walk away from a film with a bad feeling in my gut. If I do, it's because either: the movie is bad or I don't feet well. This movie was just so terrible. Everything from the convoluted lack of story to the changed actors and the flashbacks to the old films to the one-liners sprinkled throughout..it just amounted to a really terrible time.

SPOILERS!!!
==============================================

This movie was SO BAD that they broke the fourth wall just to explain to the audience why exactly we have a fourth film. More or less it boiled down to this:

"The studio was going to make a fourth Matrix movie..either with or without us. We had to get onboard or get out of the way." Not only did we get that insult to the studio explanation but we got pieces of "writer's exposition" meaning they showed the "creative minds" behind making the matrix film by showing complaining producers/writers.

Even the scene after the credits was pretentious insults slung at the studio. This was such a bad movie and I feel like I was just divorced by my franchise I loved so much.

Oh well at least I can watch the first 3 movies+the Animatrix again and again.
only the first matrix movie was good

the 2nd and 3rd movies suffered from what the star wars prequels suffered from. Sometimes throw away lines or a little dialogue to develop backstory is enough. you don't need a bunch of movies to show everything and it's never what we imagine before the movies are made explaining it

take Zion for example. you know nobody imagined some stupid caveman rave with a bunch of boring people leading everythin when the first movie came out
Old 12-23-2021, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Once I realized that the humans, for their last ditch to save society, threw mud raves.

I joined the machine army.
Old 12-23-2021, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once I realized that the humans, for their last ditch to save society, threw mud raves.

I joined the machine army.
it's kinda counterproductive when you think about it

invasion and extinction incoming. let's party, do some mdma and have a bunch of sex to make babies instead of planning our defenses
Old 12-23-2021, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's kinda counterproductive when you think about it

invasion and extinction incoming. let's party, do some mdma and have a bunch of sex to make babies instead of planning our defenses
Well think of it this way, you know Zion has been destroyed before..and you know that likely you're going to die tomorrow. Might as well boogie tonight one last time. In fact I think they would kick me out of Zion for having too much sex that last night/day.
Old 12-23-2021, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah that's satanism. Sounds like in the matrix god is a machine.
Old 12-23-2021, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

GOD DAMN IT, i was looking very forward to this movie
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-23-2021, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well think of it this way, you know Zion has been destroyed before..and you know that likely you're going to die tomorrow. Might as well boogie tonight one last time. In fact I think they would kick me out of Zion for having too much sex that last night/day.
I could be wrong, but from what I remember they didn't know zion had been destroyed a dozen times before when they threw their caveman rave. We only found that out later when Neo visited The Architect.

it's been awhile since I've seen those movies though. I could be wrong.
Old 12-23-2021, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector