Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 07:23 PM
Kobold

pantheon ain't happening
Old 11-10-2021, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some kinda nerd project, it looks cool though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmzwjjFOluE
Gnawls videos r like EQ church [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2021, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some kinda nerd project, it looks cool though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmzwjjFOluE
Old Freeport, ewwww ... they revamped it for a reason [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2021, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

https://youtu.be/PmzwjjFOluE?t=188

(same vid, always wanted to do this)
Old 11-10-2021, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my bad maybe i missed the spirit and scope of your project.

it sounded like a total ground up redesign of EQ, right?
Naw. I love EQ core mechanics and even the formulas behind it. I just wanted to do EQ plus. Like more RP, quest, and pvp options, with some entropy to keep it fresh. Maybe a slight rebalance so everyone is at the same power scale until they out level mobs.

Just add more of what makes classic EQ great. Without really changing the classes. Just making dark blue, even cons harder, more fully fleshed out and varied. Like maybe s ro, oasis, n ro dervs are weak to cold, strong against fire at even con levels. Planar mobs are tougher, fewer weaknesses. And people will have more incentive to tradeskill and rp in the safe spaces that the casual content is, like 1 group able mobs, thered be more of that. Still raid content though. It would require community and choices and more risk tho.

I just want to fully realize EQs strengths and diversity and community aspects. And create some mechanics that make end game more interesting and characters would now have a real story arc from beginning to end. With incentive for players to either carry on that characters persona in a new one or try a different one entirely.

I like the idea of fleshing out the in game factions and enabling players to interact within different factions themselves in more novel and competitive ways. For that there needs to be more meaningful alternative loot and story then what the most basic experience provides.

EQ classic game mechanics are great though. And pvp is really close to good in many ways that modern games ruin in order to provide perfect balance and keep players subbing.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

hmm yes
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

So we crowdfund, obtain the rights to EQ, and then we hire some devs and make an EQ Reboot.

We do not guarantee any returns on investment. All investors will understand that this project is a labor of love. We do not release an incomplete product. We work on it until We are all satisfied with the build of the game. We place game mechanics over flashy graphics. We rely on our experience and other old school player input for our game features.

These should be core values of the company we start to build the game.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw. I love EQ core mechanics and even the formulas behind it. I just wanted to do EQ plus. Like more RP, quest, and pvp options, with some entropy to keep it fresh. Maybe a slight rebalance so everyone is at the same power scale until they out level mobs.

Just add more of what makes classic EQ great. Without really changing the classes. Just making dark blue, even cons harder, more fully fleshed out and varied. Like maybe s ro, oasis, n ro dervs are weak to cold, strong against fire at even con levels. Planar mobs are tougher, fewer weaknesses. And people will have more incentive to tradeskill and rp in the safe spaces that the casual content is, like 1 group able mobs, thered be more of that. Still raid content though. It would require community and choices and more risk tho.

I just want to fully realize EQs strengths and diversity and community aspects. And create some mechanics that make end game more interesting and characters would now have a real story arc from beginning to end. With incentive for players to either carry on that characters persona in a new one or try a different one entirely.

I like the idea of fleshing out the in game factions and enabling players to interact within different factions themselves in more novel and competitive ways. For that there needs to be more meaningful alternative loot and story then what the most basic experience provides.

EQ classic game mechanics are great though. And pvp is really close to good in many ways that modern games ruin in order to provide perfect balance and keep players subbing.
<3 love it!

Any graphics rehaul that people want would need to focus on realistic animations with colours done in a style that mimics dnd/warhammer figure paint jobs

I loved how logging in to eq the first time it was like some tabletop mniatures came to life.
Old 11-11-2021, 06:52 AM
Fire Giant

Drugs.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:09 AM
Banned

It would be really cool if some talented artists could somehow make custom zones in the same art style as classic, but totally new zones\zone connections. Make like an "antonica 2" using the same textures and geometric styles as say... kunark, more detailed than vanilla but not as modern looking as Luclin+ engine.

Granted it would all be volunteers and this would never happen, but I think it would be cooler than just reskinning existing zones with custom lore\mobs ala shards of dalaya
Closed Thread