Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Skeleton

Send a message via AIM to Khonsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spiderling silks are best, they go for 1-2pp each.

With regards to tradeskills, do whatever you like to flush out your character and have fun. You'll hear other people say that about class/race but screw that; that has real game consequences. Tradeskills are one place in the game you can have fun and not trash your character!
I hate to sound like a complete n00b but what do you mean by flush? lol
Old 04-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Aviak

Probably isn't worth it to invest heavily into a tradeskill until you have some cash to get started with. You can sell spider silks and shit like that, but that's not really "tradeskilling". Used to be that jewelcrafting was the only way to make serious money, but now cultural armor is catching on. Both take thousands of plat to get to the point where you can make anything worthwhile, though. It's not like WoW, EQ tradeskills are like starting up an actual business: you need to invest to get started, and then it hopefully pays off in the long run.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deverell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably isn't worth it to invest heavily into a tradeskill until you have some cash to get started with. You can sell spider silks and shit like that, but that's not really "tradeskilling". Used to be that jewelcrafting was the only way to make serious money, but now cultural armor is catching on. Both take thousands of plat to get to the point where you can make anything worthwhile, though. It's not like WoW, EQ tradeskills are like starting up an actual business: you need to invest to get started, and then it hopefully pays off in the long run.

Thats the thing, im coming from crappy games like WoW. WoW just made everything easy mode. Install a few addon's and your set litterly. I'm just looking for the best way to earn some money at the area's I'm in.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khonsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to sound like a complete n00b but what do you mean by flush? lol
Pretty sure he meant flesh out.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure he meant flesh out.

I honestly still donno what that means. Lol. God I feel like a complete noob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Sarnak

I want to state this, I do trade skills. Currently I have the following
142 Baking
171 Brewing
115 Blacksmithing
130 Fletching
21 Jewlcraft (to be done when I max out some of these others)
148 Pottery
111 Tailoring

Culture smithing can make some cash.
I think there are 3 High elf ones on the server.
1 Dark elf?
1 Person I've seen becoming a human, gathering supplies for it.
There was a barbarian making some stuff, I haven't seen his stuff hitting EC in probably a month.
Maybe 2 people that are dwarf, rarely seeing there wares, rather gathering supplies.

Tailoring isn't worth it at this point anymore. There are too many master tailors out there now, and people already trying to become one. Its a hard hustle selling backpacks, I'm lucky if I sell 1 a day anymore. Smiths taking the pelts for the skill ups. Spider silks costing 20pp a stack. Noobs demanding 10pp for HQ cat pelts.

Pottery is good for making small wisdom deity that is it. Supplies are scarce to make it, people jack the price up for it, and nobody really buys wisdom deity anymore.

Brewing I made 25pp once because some mage wanted halas heater for research. Useless unless its for heidy kiolas or tempers.

Fletching. Unless you want to make a trueshot or raincaller for like the 10 rangers on this server, dont even bother. The bow you can make is outclassed by ones that rot.

Baking is nifty for the stat modify food. Unsellable junk. High level baking requires brownie parts. Someone tried to sell a single part to me for 15pp, never bothered since then.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

Forget Tradeskills for now. As a Mage it is going to take you forever with the pet nerf to get to a high level let alone doing tradeskills. There is no real money in any of it.

Now on the Red server it is worth doing Tailoring or JC to get any kind of gear there. Leveling on either server is like a sharp stick in the eye. This ain't EQ live or WoW.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

'to flesh out' means to finish, complete, or add a final form to. Think of a skeleton, and adding flesh onto it until you get a recognizable person. To flesh out an idea means to discuss teh details and draw out a plan of action. Etc.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Sarnak

This is your character.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is your character, fleshed out.

One, a mere shell of it's potential, the other, is the whole megillah, a well rounded, fully formulated thriving being.
<Divinity>
Old 04-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylexis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is your character.

This is your character, fleshed out.

One, a mere shell of it's potential, the other, is the whole megillah, a well rounded, fully formulated thriving being.
Literally one of the best posts I've ever seen on here. Thank you very much for correcting my typo and then taking it a few steps further!
Closed Thread