Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Default If you kept drinking beer non-stop...

would you die of dehydration?

I mean light beer over an extended period of time so you wouldn't die of alcohol poisoning
Last edited by Spud; 09-20-2010 at 08:33 PM..
Old 09-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

Unless the process has changed drastically since I made my own beer last, beer is mostly water, so, no. You cannot die of dehydration. I served in Iraq with a soldier that 90% of his liquid was diet coke, he didn't die of dehydration.

You *MIGHT* end up in a moderately dehydrated state as it takes alot of water to process that alcohol, but you'd end up with alcohol poisoning and lapse into a coma and die before that. Assuming you were, in fact drinking non-stop.

Fun Fact: Many years ago in college, a friend and I held a contest to see who could hold out the longest on a Guiness-only diet. You could eat food as long as it was washed down with that beer. After 6 days I had learned 2 things:
1:A bowl of Guiness and coco-crispies is AWESOME
and 2: being perpetually buzzed/drunk will make you stupid and feel like shit, but not lethal or seemingly even harmful long term.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Orc

thats an expensive-ass bet
Old 09-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

I want to try the Guinness diet.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

I thought of this the other weekend when I was visiting my old college friends and we were basically on a 3 day bender.

How could I wake up feeling thirsty and dehydrated, start drinking beer and then feel totally fine an hour later? It was what made me thirsty and dehydrated in the first place.

I think since light beer is 99% water it would in fact keep you de-hydrated if you kept drinking. You would only get hydrated when you STOP drinking because your body uses up water to detoxify. However you would eventually drink yourself into a stupor and kill all your brain cells.

What's funny about going on multi-day benders is that I only really get hungover the first morning then im just kind of in a semi-drunken haze the rest of the time. My brain is like mush afterwards though.

I have to try the Guiness and coco-puffs. BRILLIANT!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Big party one night, massive amounts of alcohol destroyed by myself, woke up at 6am and watched Sunrise Earth for an hour, decided to start cooking some sausage and cracked open a beer.....the beer tasted phenominal and the food was pretty damn good as well.

anyhoo, dont drink beer as your only source of liquid, you'll die from one reason or another soon enough.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Banned

Less calories and carbohydrates. Just because you're drinking beer doesn't mean you have to be a fatty about it.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Orc

Guinness is the original light beer (only ~20 more calories than a Coors light). It's a tasty treat! And try yourself a Guinness float, with some vanilla ice cream in it.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Less calories and carbohydrates. Just because you're drinking beer doesn't mean you have to be a fatty about it.
Drink good beer or dont bother. This attitude is what i see when people order a double quarter pounder with cheese and a diet coke to go along with it. Also when you drink a GOOD beer you tend to drink LESS, because its usually stronger. Unless the person is 16 in which case they're just trying to get hammered on piss water anyways.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

my favorites

PLUS....

Last edited by Hodge; 09-21-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Closed Thread