Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Aviak

Anichek, correct me if I am wrong, but did not Cloki have logs saying, "The one that just at 6:12pm us eastern was killed by BDA"

I am incorrect in understanding that BDA zoned up and killed a Noble - not on their Sky Day - when informed by Omni at 6:12pm?

Are you telling me that BDA also went up later in the evening and killed another Noble? At 12:01pm?
Old 10-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakakade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anichek, correct me if I am wrong, but did not Cloki have logs saying, "The one that just at 6:12pm us eastern was killed by BDA"

I am incorrect in understanding that BDA zoned up and killed a Noble - not on their Sky Day - when informed by Omni at 6:12pm?

Are you telling me that BDA also went up later in the evening and killed another Noble? At 12:01pm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl;dr BDA
On a more serious note, Forsaken would like to get in on the Noble action. Will timers start being posted?
Old 10-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Drakakade - I did not know that Cloki was considered the keyholder for all Noble kills and that clearance to do such needs to be approved by him.

I am 100% being clear that we killed the one last night, as the YDYN was being skipped by whomever owns Wednesdays.

If you take that as BDA being a dick, when whomever owns that day opted to NOT KILL NOBLE ON THEIR OWN ACCORD, then I guess I can't justify our actions through any means of conversation.

If you look at the reality, that nobody missed out on anything, because YDYN means that a noble spawned in a 24 hour time period belongs to whomever owns the Sky Day...and they were not killing that noble...then perhaps I am missing the point of your question.

Now, on a more serious note (and piggy-backing off of Detoxx's post) the question I have is what do we all do, together, to account for the fact that there are guilds who are not holding a Sky Day, but would like to access Nobles. It seems ludicrous that you should be required to sign up and hold a Sky slot to be able to kill a Noble. All guilds have agreed that leaving OoA's up to ensure Noble spawns is a GOOD THING - I don't think anyone is contesting that.

So how do we figure out that concern?
Old 10-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Ensuring clarity here too:

BDA supported YDYN when the Sky calendar was full
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=30

BDA acknowledged that we would no longer hold a Sky Day, due to the launch of Velious, after many guilds pushed to keep Sky Days as a thing (and only a few stated they didn't care about it being a thing anymore)
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=153

A post was created about "OoA's in Velious" by Nemce, and BDA agreed to the non-aggression OoA pact, keeping 3 OoA's up to fill sky with Nobles.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=209942

BDA did NOT agree, anywhere in the most recent iteration, to YDYN, referencing the thread Cloki started once 3 OoA's were back in place
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=210972

BDA is not looking to monopolize Noble spawns, but YDYN does not work for any guild that is not holding a Sky rotation day in the weekly rotation. Making a guild hold a Sky slot, when they don't want to plan routine activity in Sky (clears/raids), is a waste of a spot that a younger/up and coming guild may want to pencil themselves in for.

YDYN no longer works.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Aviak

Anichek, if you would like to start another thread about the 2nd Noble (if in fact it was a second noble) or another thread about the time a guild is allotted to kill a Noble on their day, then please do so. Those are separate issues.

However, in this thread, unless I am mistaken, Omni is asserting that BDA zoned up and killed a Noble that spawned not on their Sky day, and Omni notified BDA that they were about to break the OoA agreement.

Is this true?

Did BDA kill the noble in question or did they leave it up? Do we know when that particular Noble spawned and how long it was sitting up?
Last edited by Drakakade; 10-08-2015 at 03:21 PM..
Old 10-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ensuring clarity here too:

BDA supported YDYN when the Sky calendar was full
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=30

BDA acknowledged that we would no longer hold a Sky Day, due to the launch of Velious, after many guilds pushed to keep Sky Days as a thing (and only a few stated they didn't care about it being a thing anymore)
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=153

A post was created about "OoA's in Velious" by Nemce, and BDA agreed to the non-aggression OoA pact, keeping 3 OoA's up to fill sky with Nobles.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=209942

BDA did NOT agree, anywhere in the most recent iteration, to YDYN, referencing the thread Cloki started once 3 OoA's were back in place
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=210972

BDA is not looking to monopolize Noble spawns, but YDYN does not work for any guild that is not holding a Sky rotation day in the weekly rotation. Making a guild hold a Sky slot, when they don't want to plan routine activity in Sky (clears/raids), is a waste of a spot that a younger/up and coming guild may want to pencil themselves in for.

YDYN no longer works.
So, Anichek, you are asserting that there never was a YDYN agreement - only an OoA agreement? Am I correct?

YDYN no longer works, because BDA allegedly is now in violation of the YDYN agreement (provided it exists), or no longer respects they YDYN agreement or there never was one in the first place. Am I correct?

Edit: Entirely possible there is no YDYN agreement, so added that in as well.
Last edited by Drakakade; 10-08-2015 at 03:44 PM..
Old 10-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakakade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anichek, if you would like to start another thread about the 2nd Noble (if in fact it was a second noble) or another thread about the time a guild is allotted to kill a Noble on their day, then please do so. Those are separate issues.

However, in this thread, unless I am mistaken, Omni is asserting that BDA zoned up and killed a Noble that spawned not on their Sky day, and Omni notified BDA that they were about to break the OoA agreement.

Is this true?

Did BDA kill the noble in question or did they leave it up? Do we know when that particular Noble spawned and how long it was sitting up?
Drak, you're confusing and blending two agreements/concepts, which go hand in hand but are not directly controlled in a bi-lateral manner.

Answering your questions:
OoA agreement: BDA did not break the OoA agreement, as we did not kill any Overseers.

YDYN agreement: post-Velious launch, BDA did not agree to this. BDA is posing the question on what would be the appropriate way to treat Noble spawns going forward - as not all guilds are holding Sky days.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
So, Anichek, you are asserting that there never was a YDYN agreement - only an OoA agreement? Am I correct?

YDYN no longer works, because BDA allegedly is now in violation of the YDYN agreement (provided it exists), or no longer respects they YDYN agreement or there never was one in the first place. Am I correct?
Do you see a spot where BDA agreed in a new YDYN conversation, post-Velious launch?

I am not privvy to the first Noble kill that BDA did (the Cloki v. Chest kill), but I was online and did approve the kill of Noble last night, and considered the YDYN situation before authorizing it.

My considerations, and eventual decision, were based upon the following arguments:
1) BDA does not participate in the Sky rotation, therefore
2) BDA does not have an assigned YDYN spawn
3) Whomever holds the Wednesday YDYN spawn was not attempting to kill noble, therefore
4) BDA zoned up and killed it as close to midnight as possible

Are there any other things I can clarify for you? I do not understand why a midnight kill on an abandoned Noble is an issue.

I am stating that the assignment of YDYN no longer should be a valid basis for distribution of Noble kills, because it does not afford all guilds the opportunity to engage Noble. Guilds should not have to schedule and occupy a reserved clear timeslot for Sky in order to agree to the OoA agreement (non-aggression on OoA's with the intent of producing Nobles for "farming") nor the YDYN agreement (you get to kill a Noble if it spawns in your assigned Sky slot).
Last edited by Anichek; 10-08-2015 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: more
Old 10-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Aviak

Ok, we getting somewhere finally, Anichek. I am not confused, I am trying to figure out what exactly the grievance is here, what rule was allegedly broken, and who are the various parties involved.

I agree BDA did not violate the OoA agreement, because they did not kill an OoA.

I have yet to hear from BDA if they killed the Noble that Cloki / Omni is referring to in his post, and next, what BDA's defense is or whether they think they have broken any rules.

Anichek, is BDA saying they are not in violation, because there was no YDYN agreement? Or are you guys saying something else - such as, that mob was up for 6 hours, so we killed it?

Once we get a few questions answered we can go from there.
Last edited by Drakakade; 10-08-2015 at 03:53 PM..
Old 10-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Aviak

Anichek, you keep bringing in these other bits and pieces, which are not germane to the issue at this time.

Let me be clear: IF there was no YDYN agreement then BDA did nothing wrong, but if there was a YDYN agreement then possibly BDA did something wrong.