Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 07:02 AM
Kobold

Point proven on the ignorant part. Good day
Old 09-17-2019, 07:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Point proven on the ignorant part. Good day
I'm glad you finally agree. It's illogical to think any other duo is at the level of a peak performing Enchanter + Cleric.

Be ready to eat your Golden Efreeti Boots.

ps. http://wiki.project1999.com/Cleric
educate yourself on their utility spells.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and really only needs to be used during downtime
I can assure you there is downtime with a shaman yes, there is zero downtime with a cleric duo though.

Not to mention the cleric can easily survive 2 aggro mobs that just killed his enchanter, log, and then rez the enchanter.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

REAL POST. CHARM check SLOW check MANA REGEN check HASTE check HUGE CO....CROWD CONTROL check. must be best EQ class
Old 09-17-2019, 08:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Torp Shaman + enchanter is actually the best duo. Shamans offer a much stronger dynamic to the duo than just cleric heals.

laughs in stun command
Old 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can assure you there is downtime with a shaman yes, there is zero downtime with a cleric duo though.

Not to mention the cleric can easily survive 2 aggro mobs that just killed his enchanter, log, and then rez the enchanter.
I have a 60 torp shaman lol if you have downtime with an enchanter duo, you’re doing it wrong. And if you can’t survive 2 mobs on a shaman if the enchanter dies, you should probably quit.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Just have FT8 imo
I dont even have downtime when I'm soloing
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-17-2019, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanter is clearly the strongest solo class, and being cheap to equip compared to its closest competitor (shaman) acts heavily in the enchanter's favor as well. Of course there's the usual disclaimer that strongest overall doesn't necessarily mean best for all individuals. I loathe trying to play enchanter because it's too random and with too much constant attention required. Give me something that's more laid-back, even if it's more limited.

As for duos, let's be realistic: clerics are favored for convenience. They can effectively heal those high-health pets without slowing 'em and they can rez the enchanter when he dies which tends to happen a lot. In terms of raw power I'm not sure there's any content enchanter/cleric can do that enchanter/shaman cannot, and the same is true vice versa. When push comes to shove there's precious little either duo can do that the enchanter can't solo if he feels like it. Power is effectively equal.

On the melee side the same is true of Monk/shaman and SK/Shaman. Folks can and do argue over minutae but in practice they end up doing the same stuff. There are only so many places to go in-game. Monks'll gain an edge if you're talking endgame equipment but prior to then, not much real difference.

Danth
Old 09-17-2019, 09:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for duos, let's be realistic: clerics are favored for convenience.
Clerics are favored because they are a better match for Enchanters. Duo with a well-versed cleric at a high level camp as an enchanter and they'll be stunning your pet and pulling aggro when charm breaks to keep you alive while you recover and recharm. Shamans can keep you up with Torpor but if your getting quadded by your hastened and torch-bearing pet while also being summoned, you're still going down.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I have a 60 torp shaman lol if you have downtime with an enchanter duo, you’re doing it wrong. And if you can’t survive 2 mobs on a shaman if the enchanter dies, you should probably quit.
Ah my bad I was saying while leveling so 1-59 cleric is vastly better, while at 60 you can now duo things with the enchanter as well as the cleric yay! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But at 60 anything + enchanter is just as good because you only need to kill 1 or 2 things every 30 minuets. So whats the dif?

EditL oh wait except besides necro, the cleric has the advantage for rez so boom there goes the dynamite, shamans.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-17-2019 at 10:03 AM..
Closed Thread