Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 10:24 PM
Kobold

Default Spells on Green?

So quite a few spells are listed as classic on the wiki, but are not available. Earlier today I tried to do a research combine for Harmshield, which is suppose to be trivial at 42. I'm at 50 research and it said those do not combine together. Was this merely bad luck, or another spell that is not currently in the game? Do we know what spells should be available? Not requiring this, just interested in everyone elses's experience/thoughts. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2019, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Classic just means they are in the game sometime between now and Kunark, it doesn't mean they are in at release. I don't have a list of what's what but that could be the case here.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

On the wiki, it will tell you what spell is in what era.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the wiki, it will tell you what spell is in what era.
I can tell you that there are quite a few spells in the wiki that say classic that are not in the game.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can tell you that there are quite a few spells in the wiki that say classic that are not in the game.
Example/s?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For example, Clarity. But Clarity is classic, not Kunark or Velious. It's just later in classic. And nope! There isn't a list. But perhaps we can make one. I'll start.

Clarity!

What else?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

The entire list of vendor spell rules, along with proof, is in this spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
Old 11-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire list of vendor spell rules, along with proof, is in this spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
This is super helpful, thanks!
Old 11-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Like anything in the wiki, it's only as good as the players who edit it. And Clarity happens to be a particularly difficult thing for anyone to edit in a standard way, because we don't know how patching will work on Green just yet.

Right now I think the best we can do is add a plain old text note to the spell page, which I've done. In the long term, we're going to want to add a "patch note" template (like the "era templates"). The reason I haven't made such a template yet is that we don't know how patching will work exactly.

Maybe the first patch will say "April 1999 Patch". Or maybe it will say "Nilbog's 1st Patch". Or maybe it will say "Green's November 2019 Patch".

Whatever nomenclature Nilbog uses will likely be what every player thinks in terms of. If we pick one template style, and Nilbog picks another, we'll either confuse people or have to redo the templates.

So as soon as it is clear to me what the best format will be, I'll make a template ... in fact, several (one for pages, one for table rows, and one for parts of a page). Then, any motivated wiki editor can add the "patch note page template" to the Clarity page, the "patch note table template" to the Enchanter page spell list, and so on.

And maybe, if it's actually necessary, I'll even add some kind of patch-based filtering system, like the era checkboxes on the spell lists ... but honestly I'm guessing such non-era content will be rare enough that it won't be necessary.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like anything in the wiki, it's only as good as the players who edit it. And Clarity happens to be a particularly difficult thing for anyone to edit in a standard way, because we don't know how patching will work on Green just yet.

Right now I think the best we can do is add a plain old text note to the spell page, which I've done. In the long term, we're going to want to add a "patch note" template (like the "era templates"). The reason I haven't made such a template yet is that we don't know how patching will work exactly.

Maybe the first patch will say "April 1999 Patch". Or maybe it will say "Nilbog's 1st Patch". Or maybe it will say "Green's November 2019 Patch".

Whatever nomenclature Nilbog uses will likely be what every player thinks in terms of. If we pick one template style, and Nilbog picks another, we'll either confuse people or have to redo the templates.

So as soon as it is clear to me what the best format will be, I'll make a template ... in fact, several (one for pages, one for table rows, and one for parts of a page). Then, any motivated wiki editor can add the "patch note page template" to the Clarity page, the "patch note table template" to the Enchanter page spell list, and so on.

And maybe, if it's actually necessary, I'll even add some kind of patch-based filtering system, like the era checkboxes on the spell lists ... but honestly I'm guessing such non-era content will be rare enough that it won't be necessary.
You’re the MVP! Thanks
Closed Thread