Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

You really should roll enchanter as your first class if accumulating e-wealth is your thing
Old 06-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids: its not fair that enchanters can solo farm in dungeons *ports to merchant sells, ports back to solo camp at bear pit*
Melee class: Dies running past an aggro mob that cons blue.
Shaman: Literally tanking a dragon.
Monk: Literally tanking the Fungi King
Mage: Afk farming 5,000 plat goblin gazugi rings.
Bard: Gets 50 in 1 day

I mean do I need to keep going?

Wizards: Alt you do not log onto anymore.
That is almost word for word of a friend back in classic, cried about everyone having things. Would rant about how necros and monks can FD and it isn't fair... I finally got fed up and told him to ask for a game with the main warrior tank class to have every ability. He suffered from a legit inferiority complex. The character was him and he was less because another has something. We are not talking about jealousy or envy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Anyone can play an Enchanter" does not address the point that it is indeed overpowered. This point is always uncontested because Enchanters are unquestionably overpowered and would be nerfed in any modern gaming scenario.

Nerfing Enchanters is the only correct course of action at this point. It will enhance classic gameplay, encourage rolling other classes, and make having an enchanter in the group more unique in rewarding in the long run.
They were nerfed in later games, EQ 2 and pretty much (to my memory) there were no other classes with the makeup that original EQ classes had. They would be split or lessened in some way. Here we are playing this instead of those. They made WoW to suit this, vanilla soon for you guys.
Last edited by Mblake81; 06-11-2019 at 05:02 PM..
Old 06-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Banned

They can basically keep the game as is and remove charm for the first 2 months at launch. Wouldn't do much, except solve the fundamental problem; which is that charm is relatively too powerful at launch and is an exploit-friendly ability.

Someone brought up Duos like it was some kind of great point....failing to mention that most those duos either require exceptional gear or an Enchanter. Yes, Enchanter's are overpowered on naked servers alone, in a duo, or a full group.

It would take very little to solve this problem and their has yet to be any kind of reasonable argument against this.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can basically keep the game as is and remove charm for the first 2 months at launch. Wouldn't do much, except solve the fundamental problem; which is that charm is relatively too powerful at launch and is an exploit-friendly ability.

Someone brought up Duos like it was some kind of great point....failing to mention that most those duos either require exceptional gear or an Enchanter. Yes, Enchanter's are overpowered on naked servers alone, in a duo, or a full group.

It would take very little to solve this problem and their has yet to be any kind of reasonable argument against this.
Or perhaps think of it as the game was back in 1999, when the internet was still novel and playing with other real people besides your friends or family in the same room with you.

I doubt when they created this game that they thought people would be playing it over and over and restarting over and over with every trick, mechanic, spawn etc memorized.

The real problem isn't that enchanters are OP, the real problem is MMORPG died and this is what we are left with, picking every part of the bone over and over because there is nothing else that satisfies.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

I’m excited for Kunark on green, trakfest and cleric epicsock are going to be wholesomely healthy
Old 06-11-2019, 08:30 PM
Banned

frog king camp is very fun and easy for ench and REALLY Shitty for anyone else

also without charmed pets sky is horrible so is hate and fear honestly. With a few pets its fun !
Old 06-12-2019, 04:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m excited for Kunark on green, trakfest and cleric epicsock are going to be wholesomely healthy
I wonder if anyone is gonna be able to knock out a Kunark day 1 rogue epic..
Old 06-12-2019, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

All pipe dreams and not-classic but I feel like the game would be much better with a few simple changes to radical balance issues:

Ivandyr's Hoop lifetap (already implemented)
Spam clickies that trivialize content (mallets)
Enchanters being obviously overpowered, being the best at three roles (Crowd control, DPS, and mana regen) And really that's fine because class balance sucks in EQ in general and that's okay, but enchanter dps also trivializes content.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Banned

All they have to do is put in random charm breaks and people will cry and play beastlords
Old 06-12-2019, 01:21 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I remember Combine server in 2006, the first TLP. Magician pets were the thing then, so you'd see more mages than anything. But that was really the only thing that was overpowered for the era, other than there being various content things that got left in (Vorshar the Despised in Neriak, 2nd Floor Plane of Hate / Knight Weapons, some random augments with minor stats, and an instanced / monster mission for a decent earring).

Good times.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread