Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Sarnak

Before you know it you'll memorize zones, and be able to easily read maps. Then you can graduate to reading locs.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

You'll figure things out if you stick with it. Keep a wiki tab open for mapping and max your sense heading by binding it to movement keys. If you REALLY want a map system, a third-party mapping app is in the works right now.

Your necro is a strong overall class, and your warrior is a nice way to mix it up if you do get tired of the necro, although if something like no ingame maps frustrates you then you might be in for a world of hurt when it comes to playing an untwinked iksar warrior during Kunark era!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Lol. I realized the other day I get lost easier in nektulos forest then I do in lower guk or sebilis.

The no map thing does take some getting used to again, but I absolutely love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the elaborate. post, I am probably just going to continue on the two characters I already have, I am just really frustrated with understanding the map dimensions especially trying to get to Omen from Cab. Removing the map system is probably a nice feeling for old players but I am not one of them. I just tried making a pvp wiz for red and the difficulty of something as simple as finding my trainer was sort of obnoxious. The struggle is real but I must continue, lol.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Kobold

Started to play the Necro more, I noticed grouping gets dry in my area around 20 for sure. I need to find my way to Omen
Old 05-12-2014, 09:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah if anything the bard sounds rather prone to abuse and easy advancement.
Shit's classic!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Ench and sham.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Shamans really aren't worth mentioning until they get Torpor. Which means max level and platinum for the most expensive spell in game.

Enchanter wins.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

From my understanding, admittedly I am very new to p99, shamans are a lot more gear dependant than an Ench, or a Necro, or a Bard, or even a druid for that matter. When I think of a class that is easy and efficient to solo I don't think of it being totally twinked and epiced. Pretty much what I'm thinking is a moderately geared, or possibly even slightly under geared character. I'm thinking Ench and Bard would probably take the cake for solo classes in this case. True?
Old 05-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

bard

1) Buy lvl 2 DOT
2) Buy Lute
3) Kill tons of merbs
4) Buy lvl 18 DOT
5) Buy Horn
6) Win everquest
7) Profit
8) Bush + Towers
Old 05-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my understanding, admittedly I am very new to p99, shamans are a lot more gear dependant than an Ench, or a Necro, or a Bard, or even a druid for that matter. When I think of a class that is easy and efficient to solo I don't think of it being totally twinked and epiced. Pretty much what I'm thinking is a moderately geared, or possibly even slightly under geared character. I'm thinking Ench and Bard would probably take the cake for solo classes in this case. True?
To be a powerhouse, a shaman needs more gear than a necro or ench does, yeah. But that's a double-edged sword. A shaman also gets significant power boosts from better gear (i.e. velious gear).

Better gear for a chanter or necro is pretty much just gives a bit more wiggle room for when a charm breaks or a FD fails or something. Better gear for a shaman directly boosts his performance at high-end though, since more ac and resists mean he can break spawns that previously would have killed him before he could get them under control, he can fight tougher targets without them out-DPSing his torpor+regen, he can spend more time DPSing because he needs to spend less time on healing, etc.
Closed Thread