Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Orc

Default Best duo with a...Necro?

Druid, Enchanter, Rogue, or Mage and why?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Orc

Would've gone for a druid actually, you'll have two ways to do things. Either the druid buffs and heals your pet while you focus on damage, or you fear kite with dots, both druid and necros have good dots. Druid regen and healing will make mana a non-issue for the necromancer..You'd also have SoW for kiting, and both classes can snare, druid also has roots for cc purposes. He / She would also be able to port you around, making traveling much easier.

An enchanter could work, with charm and fear kiting + clarity, probably not optimal

Rogue + Necro would only be able to do fear kiting as the rogue would far outaggro the pet

Mage would work, fear kiting would probably stink with a mage, as his nukes would break fear instantly, so you'd rely on pets tanking.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Kobold

Druid is easy way, he snares, you fear, both dots. Harmo single pull outdoor (that covers HK, Mistmoore, Unrest, City of Mist...), FD does the rest. +ports, sow, regen huge bonus.

Rogue is the best xp way. Snare/fear, rogue + pet trashed stuff down. Super easy, super fast but only outdoor.

Mage not as good as rogue for duo but its fairly good. However you can make crazy efficient pet groups.

Enc is lacking synergy for duo but add a cleric and you pretty much trio all undead dungeons for crazy good xp.

You skipped cleric, Cleric + Necro isnt bad at all. Everywhere you can charm its very good, cleric can also fear for you and nuke undeads. Gives you also a lot more openings to group other peoples.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Orc

I didn't skip cleric, I just don't want to play one, listed my top options
Old 05-12-2014, 07:46 AM
Kobold

So if pure duo rogue wins for sheer xp/minute. For utility, life quality and still very good partner go druid.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Fire Giant

I tend to side with enchanter if you're doing dungeon content (charming), and druid otherwise for the reasons stated above (regeneration + dots = awesome).

If you go beyond those 4 classes: Another necromancer. Seriously, duo Necromancer is insanely good. Someone to have your back if roots/fear/charm breaks, another mezzer, you can spam necro heals on each other and counteract the negative hp loss of lich and gain more HP than regeneration would offer, no pet stealing xp, etc.

I'd always go for a Necro/Necro.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you go beyond those 4 classes: Another necromancer.
Really? Instead of a shaman?
Old 05-12-2014, 09:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Instead of a shaman?
From my current thinking, yes. But I may be stuck on some very specific thoughts, and another perspective of shaman can make me reconsider. As for the reasons why I say necro:

Shadowbond makes you lose something like 60 hp a tick to heal the other person for 125 hp a tick. It costs 10 mana, and needs to be reapplied every 24 seconds. My buddy (Kharizzar) and myself were going around, and we'd just keep Shadowbond up on each other at all times. My 125 would heal his -60 from his shadowbond, plus the -21 from his lich, and net him +44 hp a tick in regeneration. At the same time, he nets me the +44 hp a tick in regeneration. This blows regrowth out of the water, but only if you're looking to be active enough to spam Shadowbond every 24 seconds (or a comparable level necromancer heal).

You get the strength of another charmer. You get the group freedom to not give a shit about how much damage your charm pets do. You get a second mez so that way you can have your friend pre-cast his mez, and you circlet at the last moment to break charm.

In lower levels, you have a second darkness cast staggered behind yours to curb off the annoying resists of Darkness that cause many wipes for new necromancers. You have someone to share the DoT load (which admittedly, a shaman or druid can do as well).

That's my thinking at the moment on Pro-Necro duo.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 05-12-2014 at 09:50 AM..
Old 05-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An enchanter could work, with charm and fear kiting + clarity, probably not optimal

This is probably your best option. Enchanter charms will add obscene DPS. Just let the pets take care of business. Both enchanter and necro have good CC ability, and if charm breaks at a bad time, a quick ST+recharm makes for a happy chanter and necro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage would work, fear kiting would probably stink with a mage, as his nukes would break fear instantly, so you'd rely on pets tanking.
Nukes have exactly zero effect on fear. Fear something and nuke all day long, doesn't matter. Fear kiting with a mage means nearly zero downtime, similar to enchanter but a bit slower due to lower overall dps. Still a good choice.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Ench , Sham, or Druid.
Closed Thread