Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Ranger, enchanter, or cleric.

All about killing where there are things to charm on necro.

Ranger has the ability to snare like a druid but can also do more sustained dps while chain pulling. I duo'd with Necros and enchanters until 52 in DL. Eventually the enchanter can charm a ravishing which eats the majority of mobs. I would just pull with flame lick x4, snare it when I got it to wall, then just run out for another pull while it chases me and dies. No fear needed on the weaker mobs.

Cleric makes a good puller, can keep pet up, and the nukes aren't half bad. Cleric + charm pet in HS is a quick way to 60.

Enchanter has the double pet amazingness. The lack of a dedicated puller can make for an interesting time when pets start breaking with a pull inc.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Orc

I'm mostly looking at only the listed classes, maybe necro ses has some valid points to justify the dual necros
Old 05-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Banned

Shaman so he can canno and you can sploit the dispelling of necro heal recourse (not classic but its not being removed here or so is the unfortunate case).

Paineel guards get smashed by necro/shaman combo.

Iksar necro/ogre sham.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

chanter and necro would be a good duo. druid and necro would be all right, but druid just wouldn't really be able to keep up imo
Old 05-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Kobold

For a pure min/max and obliteration standpoint, another necro.

But this is p1999. No wizard spires, no PoK books that lead you to easy banking and selling. So i'd go with druid, because even though you would kill slower, ports+direct heals+regen along with the fact that he can go sell for you at lower levels before puppy form is really awesome.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Orc

Anyone else?
Old 05-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Kobold

When paired with my Necro I feel like the group has the smoothest grind process with a cleric or a war from the grouping I've personally experienced. I enjoy heal support if necessary and some nice base damage, sometimes damage really makes the necro flow, pull with pet, pelt em' a couple times, and a war or cler can top them off really quick. Especially for camping a ramp or something, shaman's are great but seem less practical to me at the current time. Cler and War are straight to the point, can pull perfectly without speed increase, the sham buffs wouldn't necessarily be utilized fully, I feel like in a group like that for any old mob grinding it's a waste of a shaman's mana. As soon as you pull, your pet and a decent melee class will handle business 9 times out of 10, unless you bite much more than you can chew.
Last edited by Mattius; 05-12-2014 at 11:49 PM..
Old 05-13-2014, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman so he can canno and you can sploit the dispelling of necro heal recourse (not classic but its not being removed here or so is the unfortunate case).

Paineel guards get smashed by necro/shaman combo.

Iksar necro/ogre sham.
O god dis. Especially root rotting or even slow tanking. It's basically like they're just soloing together but both are very powerful soloers.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Why would you even need to group as a Nerco?? Other than wife or best friend forget it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You won't get a group to save your ass as a Necro anyways.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

i have a druid and a mage that I use to duo with my RL necro buddy, both work really well. The mage is much better for sustained dps and faster xp, while the druid is much better for utility and nice CC in a bad situation. So really depends on what you want to do, I prefer playing the mage with the necro personally. Definitely would not want to be a rogue chasing after feared mobs my whole leveling experience tho lol.
Closed Thread