Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid, Enchanter, Rogue, or Mage and why?
Druid: regen good, some good nukes, and porting. That's about it. Not that great. Tracking will help you farm cash drops outside (trak teeth nom nom nom)
Enchanter: Fantastic choice, best of the four. With Enchanter you can fear kite indoors and the monster will never move. You asystole, snare, fear, the enchanter disempowers. The mob is encumbered and cannot 'flee'.
Rogue: Best melee to duo with. Fear kiting outdoors the rogue will destroy stuff, especially once you get a rogue pet, too. Get the fear clickie asap.
Mage: Good choice, but you have to fear kite. Your pet will tank over the mage pet because your pet is weaker. And it'll die fast. There's no pet eating exp in groups so his pet and your pet can just mow down low blues.

Other good choices: Shaman of course (regen+slow), another necro (nonstop fear kiting, it's amazing how powerful it is), or surprise gimmick option that's awesome, bard!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Necro + Ranger was working really nicely for me earlier.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Oh yeah, also, the Enchanter will help you get into groups. Like literally everyone will want to group with your enchanter buddy and will take the necro as well begrudgingly.

That's when you break out your heal over time spells and help mez with screaming terror. FD when the group wipes and rez the cleric, or help summon/drag bodies. Even FD pull. People will be like OH MY GOD NECROS ARE GOOD TOO IN GROUPS and will keep asking for both of you back. You'll get awesome camps.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Warrior. Think about it. Thank me later.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

I would rather take a sharp stick in the eye as be a Rogue fear kiting all day. Christ.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

Druid. Too early to formulate reasoning.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Ench > druid > mage > rogue.

Rogues can't maximize dps with pets. Unless you both step into melee range in between mobs' attack rounds. You had better be very synced up to make this work. This duo is otherwise very limited.

Mage spamming epic can be quite good. But otherwise limited.

Druid dots suck. Regen is okay. Heals are weak. Otherwise limited.

Ench adds most utility to any situation. Pacify, mezz, charm, haste, slow, blur.

Sham, this close to velious I have to wonder why you wouldn't want a sham. They are very powerful. Heals, regen, slow, can tank.

Overall I still think it's hard to beat eq's least nerfed class. Ench.
Last edited by Nuggie; 05-14-2014 at 02:01 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would rather take a sharp stick in the eye as be a Rogue fear kiting all day. Christ.
Why? You stand behind a mob and backstab it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

If you don't like fear kiting, you're not a real rogue. That being said, rogues require str buffs and haste at minimum to do optimal dps. They won't really get that with a necro. Epic monk would probably be a better choice, but a rogue won't do bad either.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? You stand behind a mob and backstab it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not quite. Following a feared mob as a rogue, even if the mob is snared, is annoying as fuck. You either have never done it or you're insane to think it is anything else. It's very effective, but very maddening.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 05-14-2014 at 02:49 PM..
Closed Thread