Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dumbest rule ever, logging should totally open loot rights and you should have to take that risk to be able to have your alts loot it.
On old retail no CSR on any server would ever come to the rescue for the person logging off to log an an alt to loot something at a solo camp. Ever. But this is the stated rule for the server and the staff has it for a reason, or one supposes. So it's how it is.

There's a small bright side though. If someone is solo camping a drop and logs off to do this, they just lost their camp. They'll get the drop on their alt, but if you wanted to claim the camp - it's yours.

If someone was camping the site with them and they are unable to solo camp the target as well, but you can, then the camp is still lost and you gain it. Because the server rules clearly state that a person holding a camp *must* be able to kill the spawn every time it shows up.

On MQ's for epics though, there's no excuse for what's going on.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 05-17-2014 at 05:08 PM..
Old 05-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda of agree with this. You should never ninja but if someone logs off or leaves the zone it should be an open loot.
While I understand its a *server rule*, I think its not quite clear in the p1999 infos guidelines. It should be cleared out and made quite clear in the main sticky posts.

With the corpses open to everyone after 2 minutes, I think its a very confusing situation that could result in a potential bad ban on players who were just not provided with the initial infos in the guidelines when they join the server.

<3
Old 05-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Except for the fact that at some point, common sense and common decency need to come into the picture. I have a 30 Paladin and an 8 Cleric. I camped Grimrot on live for 3 days!!!! straight before I got both of my drops for my Paladin (on live). If I invest that much time into camping it here for my Paladin, then do it again for my lower level cleric, then when I log to the cleric to loot, I shouldn't have to argue with some drive by person who sees the corpse and wants to sell it for ph4t lewtz.

Common decency: not trying to loot an item that someone has been camping for hours and hours and hours. Don't be a dick.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except for the fact that at some point, common sense and common decency need to come into the picture. I have a 30 Paladin and an 8 Cleric. I camped Grimrot on live for 3 days!!!! straight before I got both of my drops for my Paladin (on live). If I invest that much time into camping it here for my Paladin, then do it again for my lower level cleric, then when I log to the cleric to loot, I shouldn't have to argue with some drive by person who sees the corpse and wants to sell it for ph4t lewtz.

Common decency: not trying to loot an item that someone has been camping for hours and hours and hours. Don't be a dick.
It would be nice it people actually thought like this. But no Pixels throw that out the window for 90% of the server.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFishyOne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'ey, I've seen a LOT of folks recently camping Grimrot with high level toons that can't use the Aegis of Life, so that they can log onto lowbie Clerics who can't kill him themselves, and loot the drop. Given how exceedingly rare Grimrot is, I, personally, don't think this is right. So I want someone else's, preferably a staff member's take on this, but if a person kills Grimrot and then logs for any reason without looting the corpse, are the loot rights now FFA?

Just want to know, before I potentially make a ninja out of myself.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

If you want grimrot its only fair that you sit there hour after hour after hour just like everyone else. If someone wants to put in the time camping him, they have every right to log an alt to loot it. You can't just take it bc you don't think the other person deserves it.

On a side note, keep the ph alive until 5. It seems to make him spawn more. Am/pm makes no difference though.