Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 11:45 AM
Banned

gnome is warrior master race
Old 12-30-2020, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. They can also use all the nice plate that Iksars can't use, and have way better starting stats.
Every bit of that "nice plate" is obsolete compared to the plate that Iksar can, in fact, wear.

Does kind of suck to miss out on the Invisibility click BP and legs, though.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every bit of that "nice plate" is obsolete compared to the plate that Iksar can, in fact, wear.

Does kind of suck to miss out on the Invisibility click BP and legs, though.
You are correct, Iksars can wear the best plate the game has to offer, and I never said otherwise[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The question OP asked is why we don't see a lot of Iksar warriors. Most people prefer to twink a new Warrior in the "obsolete" plate because it is much easier to get, and cheaper than a full set of Thurg armor. It is a hassle for most people to level up a new toon, faction them up in Thurg, and then spend a little over 30k for a full Thurg set, including legs and BP. On top of that, the Thurg armor is no drop, which means they can't sell their gear if they get bored of their Warrior twink. That is one big reason why people do not roll Iksar.

It is not about whether or not an Iksar can get BiS gear, it is more about the tendency for people to make alts, get bored of them, and then sell the alt's gear to make a different alt. This is also a reason why Iksar Monks/Necromancers are so popular. They don't have any real item restrictions, so they are just 100% better than the other races who can roll Monk/Necromancer due to Iksar Regeneration.
Old 12-30-2020, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine thinking regen matters on a class that will spend the vast majority of its playtime either getting CHed or berserking and intentionally trying to avoid regenerating too much health.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question OP asked is why we don't see a lot of Iksar warriors.
And then you talked about a lot of things that don't matter as pros for not picking Iksar, while talking about how the positive qualities in picking Iksar don't matter anyways.

It's pretty jarring.

On the other hand, in replying to me, you're actually making valid points.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

Also, BiS (or near enough) tradable plate class twink gear is Iksar wearable. Soo what's this about having to get Thurgadin armour and people wanting re-sell value?

Queen's Carapace, Helmet of Rallos Zek, Boots of the Storm, Cloak of Flames, Velium Encrusted Gauntlets, Dragon's Blood Earring, Zlandicar's Talisman, Blood Runed Greaves (for AC, anyhow), Crystal Chitin Armplates/Wristband, Dragon Hero's Bracer, Mask of the Dragon Slayer, whatever belt(I do a Lodizal/Spiked Seahorse instead of CoF because enduring breath/resists/ac are too much to pass up)...weapons and shields clearly also Iksar usable. Whatever rings and other earring you'd like.

People think "Iksar can't use plate" is an absolute, when by Velious, they could use most of the stuff with a few exceptions, and ALL of the best stuff, including the aforementioned tasty tradables.

Admittedly VERY EXPENSIVE tasty tradables
Old 12-31-2020, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And then you talked about a lot of things that don't matter as pros for not picking Iksar, while talking about how the positive qualities in picking Iksar don't matter anyways.

It's pretty jarring.

On the other hand, in replying to me, you're actually making valid points.

Quote:
Also, BiS (or near enough) tradable plate class twink gear is Iksar wearable. Soo what's this about having to get Thurgadin armour and people wanting re-sell value?

Queen's Carapace, Helmet of Rallos Zek, Boots of the Storm, Cloak of Flames, Velium Encrusted Gauntlets, Dragon's Blood Earring, Zlandicar's Talisman, Blood Runed Greaves (for AC, anyhow), Crystal Chitin Armplates/Wristband, Dragon Hero's Bracer, Mask of the Dragon Slayer, whatever belt(I do a Lodizal/Spiked Seahorse instead of CoF because enduring breath/resists/ac are too much to pass up)...weapons and shields clearly also Iksar usable. Whatever rings and other earring you'd like.

People think "Iksar can't use plate" is an absolute, when by Velious, they could use most of the stuff with a few exceptions, and ALL of the best stuff, including the aforementioned tasty tradables.

Admittedly VERY EXPENSIVE tasty tradables
I am not sure what your argument here is. I have never claimed Iksar's cannot wear good gear, or be good Warriors. Of course a player who can drop 1 million+ plat on a Warrior alt can gear them out extremely well. That has nothing to do with the majority of players, who would be bolstering the ranks of Iksar Warriors out there[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I doubt you would see a huge increase in the number of Iksar Warriors on any server if every fat cat decided to roll one and drop 1 million+ on them.

It is the lowest common denominator of player who will determine which race(s) are popular and often seen. Most of these players are not able to drop a large amount of platinum on an alt. That means the gear restrictions an Iksar has, coupled with the terrible starting faction, are serious factors that turn off players. This is especially true since Warriors are completely gear dependent when it comes to their utility. Not being able to use https://wiki.project1999.com/Incarnadine_Breastplate as a relatively cheap infinite invis clicky is a real pain in the butt. That breastplate is also the best BP out there until you get Thurg or Cobalt, so Iksars will have to take the 5 AC hit and wear https://wiki.project1999.com/Barbed_Ringmail , plus the loss in stats. That is why I mentioned Thurg Armor. It is the first Armor set Warriors get in Velious that is usable by Iksars, and basically has the equivalent AC of Cobalt, plus good stats. Most of the cheaper, droppable Velious armor pieces have lower AC compared to old world alternatives like Cobalt.
Old 01-01-2021, 03:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
It is the first Armor set Warriors get in Velious that is usable by Iksars, and basically has the equivalent AC of Cobalt, plus good stats. Most of the cheaper, droppable Velious armor pieces have lower AC compared to old world alternatives like Cobalt.
Now you're talking in circles?

Why does the extra (I guess someone said 35?) AC an Iksar Warrior gets at level 60 only not matter when talking about what advantages an Iksar in BiS gear would have over literally every other race?

It's a twisted kind of logic that I'm really not getting

Premise: AC is king

Pro: Iksar have more AC than everyone else assuming equal gear

Con: I can't let Iksar have an advantage, so I'm going to pretend AC doesn't REALLY matter anyways.

I mean, I've already seen the argument that the really minor thing of Ogre having frontal melee stun immunity means the most, so why doesn't AC when AC is king?

Just the circles that people on this forum get themselves into to justify their way of thinking is pretty astounding for me.
Old 01-01-2021, 03:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
It is the lowest common denominator of player who will determine which race(s) are popular and often seen.
Yes. This is the most relevant and true thing to say in response to the question of "Why not more Iksar Warriors"

But you like to talk about a lot of other things that aren't relevant, and when I try to talk counter point to those alleged points, you don't seem to know what to do except talk in circles some more.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

For a class without any spells a warrior relies on clicky armor a lot, mostly to maintain sanity. It’s also a class catering to end-game raiding over 1-group content so the perks of AC bonus and regen are easily ignored for the 20% xp penalty. Especially since some of the hardest hitting mobs in the game don’t even do an AC check (but 8hps/tick is still an advantage for the AoW...).

* No Ragefire armor: Gloves for dps, arms for instant cast targetable DS, Bracer for one of best pulling options a warrior can get
* Two invisible options
* Only targetable shrink clicky item
* Cobalt arms and boots are handy for small group/solo content. BP is cheap healing at about 1/3rd of Fungi and even has hps on it
* Stone of morid but no imbued granite spaulders (for non-MT stuff I’ll take the MR every time).
* Cabalis is your only trainer which is just a PITA aspect, like the xp penalty.

An Iksar has nice perks as a SK, monk and necro. Leveling one as a warrior it’s not as jarring as not having a JBB but an obstacle nonetheless and arguably greater when “life begins at 60”. Even then, fatties are easier to stam cap, gnomes have wall peek and haste arms, halflings get sneak, and so on. So that AC comes at a price of not getting other racial perks.

As for why you don’t see many of them? Because 10/12 races can be warriors. I get the individualistic angle (erudite paladin) but it’s not hard to math out why iksar warriors are rare.

Quote:
Just the circles that people on this forum get themselves into to justify their way of thinking is pretty astounding for me.
Yep glad you aren’t doing that at least.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-01-2021 at 09:12 AM..
Closed Thread