Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 10:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Smile Greeting and Message of Thanks to P1999 Developers

I started playing EverQuest in July of '99, logging in from my parent's un-air-conditioned attic via 56K dial-up internet. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before, and I would go on to log over 5,000 hours in-game (not AFK!) over the next 21 years as a warrior named "Mortigan".

While it's a little embarrassing to say, EverQuest was a formative experience for me. Now, thanks to the P1999 community, I hope to share a little bit of that experience with friends and relatives who watched me play but never had the means to pay for a subscription during the '90s and '00s.

To begin my second journey through EverQuest, I have made a necromancer named Sorciere on the Green server. Times change, and I have obligations that will prevent me from ever becoming the super player that I used to be, but I hope to quickly join a guild and make lots of friends. If you see me in-game, please say hi, invite me to your group, and shower me with lots of free stuff (just kidding).

Finally, I wanted to thank the creators of Project 1999 for their efforts in recreating this game, as well as the player community for keeping this project alive. Your efforts have preserved an important piece of gaming history and allowed thousands of people like me to relive it for free. Thank you!
Closed Thread