Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 11:36 AM
Kobold

Default Players from 20 years ago...

So, the last time I played EQ1 was like 20 years ago. A childhood friend of mine, that I used to play with back then, recently got back in touch by texting a picture of his green server character waving.

So now I'm playing, too. It has been a surreal wave of nostalgia... We decided to re-create our old Druid and Warrior characters and are leveling them up together on the green server. We are having a blast and trying out aspects of the game we never bothered with the first time around, like crafting.

Now that we are responsible adults, however, our playing time is limited. We are effectively casual players playing a game which never had casual players in mind. The going is slow, to say the least.

We are hoping to find a guild that will be ok with our limited play schedule, which has a strong focus on crafting and has a Discord Server for voice chat.

We are essentially newbies as we learn to play the game again, so please keep that in mind.^^

- Durahl, Druid on Green
Old 05-15-2020, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

There are quite a few casual oriented guilds out there like <castle>, so I'm sure you can find a home that matches your in game commitment... I'm not sure if they will have a discord setup though, and I've never heard of a guild focusing on crafting but maybe they are out there.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:46 PM
Banned

Sadly, neither of your barbaric characters will fit in with the great Dark Men of Odus. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the game and believe you can have all the fun in the world when not taking things too seriously.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:12 AM
Sarnak

Many of us are adults now, at least physically. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot less time now. Still a lot of fun!
Welcome back!
Old 05-16-2020, 02:50 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome to P99, Durahl and friend. Do consider <Castle>. We have a range of casual to hardcore players from 1-50, an active Discord, and lots of fun events going on. There are no requirements on playtime or attendance or anything like that. And I think you'll find some customers for your crafted goods.

Thanks for the shout-out, DMN. /salute
Closed Thread