Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-17-2022, 07:24 AM
Large Bat

Default Euro player, we are people and we like EQ too

Ive been playing p99 green for 2 years now and I really like it, love people and love the game. Sometimes its very hard for me, as Euro timer, to get all the fun.

For example i was really waiting for the Sleeper event, but that took place at 3am on Wednesday, so the quake after. And today again, quake at 5am on Easter day, woke up and all fun was over. Please GMs consider that Euro people play EQ too and we love this game.

Best regards
Fradolcino (Kingdom)
Old 04-17-2022, 07:54 AM
Aviak

I agree.. best possible time for a quake to hit for both EU and NA players is 4 pm GMT+1 (10 pm est) plus I myself who attend quakes find myself staying up all night. I was at the sleepers event immediately after a quake..which meant no sleep before work if I wanted to play.
Old 04-17-2022, 08:33 AM
Banned

Problem is there's no single time that works for everybody, and if they always did it at a certain time (10pm for example) it removes a lot of the fun of the quakes which is their unpredictability.

That does suck for the sleeper thing though, since that can only happen once. Sorry about that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I love my euro EQ buddies.
Old 04-17-2022, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

I’ve slept though more quakes than I care to remember. They DO occasionally happen on EU humanely playable hours.

I don’t have any numbers or evidence to prove a bias towards the US playerbase.
Old 04-17-2022, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Oh and the Sleeper thing was just one guild being too chickenshit to wait for a decent date, after having hogged the warder loot for months on end.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:00 AM
Large Bat

Certainly I understand quake need to be unpredictable (both days and hours wise) and I know that was a guild debatable decision to wake up Sleeper in a weekday.

Rough quake data i collected i want to share, might not be correct 100% so if you have better they are welcome. My timezone (+6 US East). 1/4 of quakes were from 4pm to 11 pm. 1/4 from 11pm to 2 am. 1/2 (half) after 2 am, so deep night. None between 8am and 4 pm
Old 04-19-2022, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh and the Sleeper thing was just one guild being too chickenshit to wait for a decent date, after having hogged the warder loot for months on end.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

The "batphone" does not know the time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2022, 10:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

how do I upvote, like, and subscribe this post?
Old 04-17-2022, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry mate but appalling gm support and appalling access to gm events for non US time zones is about as classic as it gets.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung