Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 12-05-2022, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Just gear for hp. AC doesn't help you against aoe's but hp helps for everything.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk ive done it fine, sorry you dont got ranger tank
Magelo to your ranger or I don't buy it
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 12-06-2022, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Ripqozko

Not 100% perfect but close enough
usually tank with aary shield and vyemm whip
basically a knight

edit: im not near as geared as some rangers, i havent been in a "raid" guild in years and its an alt but its not bad gear
Old 12-06-2022, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

basically a knight

edit: im not near as geared as some rangers, i havent been in a "raid" guild in years and its an alt but its not bad gear
My blue ranger is geared roughly similarly / slightly worse as yours - HoT / LTK tier armour with epics and clicky haste. Never had issues tanking high end group stuff like Fungi King or low end raid stuff like HoT / Wexit trash (provided I bothered to maintain my buffs!)

These days those kind of raids are well oiled machines and it is rare enough to need a ranger tank that weaponshield is usually ready to use and smooth things off further.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-06-2022, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

basically a knight

Drool, always wanted gear like that but could never stand to raid, not even long enough to get sky cloak.

Spend 28 hours camping some bauble? Sign me up. Raid sky for a single night? Jump off that fucking cloud. Never understood it.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drool, always wanted gear like that but could never stand to raid, not even long enough to get sky cloak.

Spend 28 hours camping some bauble? Sign me up. Raid sky for a single night? Jump off that fucking cloud. Never understood it.
Took me around 6 months to even see a harpy tongue drop! Apparently, for better or worse, PoSky is MQ enabled now though.

Just totted up my ranger's worn AC - it is 273. I really hope there are returns over 130!

Last edited by Jimjam; 12-06-2022 at 10:26 AM..
Old 12-06-2022, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Took me around 6 months to even see a harpy tongue drop! Apparently, for better or worse, PoSky is MQ enabled now though.

Just totted up my ranger's worn AC - it is 273. I really hope there are returns over 130!
Of course there are returns, doesn't matter how far past the soft cap you are, there is no hard cap on AC.

Take off a piece of equipment, for example, say its 10AC bracer and view actually how much your AC goes down. If it's 10 (and the item doesn't have AGI on it) then you know you're not at the soft cap.
Old 12-06-2022, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course there are returns, doesn't matter how far past the soft cap you are, there is no hard cap on AC.

Take off a piece of equipment, for example, say its 10AC bracer and view actually how much your AC goes down. If it's 10 (and the item doesn't have AGI on it) then you know you're not at the soft cap.
Doesn’t this method presume the reported figures for AC are thensame as the numbers used in equations?

Old 12-06-2022, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

i think lot of rangers gear different, i prioritize resists>hp>ac. but you naturally get lot of each just gearing. i tend to wear doze dagger range vs aow bow for instance.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn’t this method presume the reported figures for AC are thensame as the numbers used in equations?
well that's a good point... on takp it does because the server uses what the client expects.

p99 uses titanium so i doubt p99 server matches what titanium has, so probably not accurate the way i described